• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hilarious video

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

thedodd

Jan 18, 2010
This Poor guy has made himself an example. Never shoot your gun out of water.rofl turn it up you can hear his head hit the wall behind him. Be careful fellas these Aussie guys need to fridge the Fosters:friday

Last edited by a moderator:
Snork! Darwin Award nominee! :blackeye Really hope he wasn't permanently injured!

I remember the first time I shot a 3 stiff band mid handled Riffe for the first time in my life many years back. Before that I had been using a Cressi Sub 90 with a single band with thin spear. After seeing a few stars I finally managed to get all 3 bands loaded and so off I went looking for fish. Less than 20 meters from the boat a huge King Mackerel swims by and I immediately take aim and fire. I totally stoned the fish but I got smacked really hard in the mouth. I think if it wasn't for the snorkel absorbing the hit I could have knocked some teeth out. The gun in this video looks also very powerful (with no butt pad it seems), and I am quite sure the recoil is multiple times more powerful than in the water.

I guess the lesson learned is to keep your arm straight and away from your face when shooting these high recoil guns ... and never ever shoot the damn thing out of the water.

Reactions: Mr. X
Aaiii..sorry for him, but this is the thing with spearfishing, to many people can get their hands on these things..

I want to feel sorry for him, but i just can't get myself to do it!

Looks like he has a railgun and you wouldnt think that was the first one he had bought, he must have fired a smaller one out of the water and known what the kick was like ! Like greendiver says its true too many people get their hands on spearguns

roflAlmost in tears with that one, what a hoop! Macho poseur's without a great deal of sense tend tend to get bitten in the a*se or in this case popped in the head :blackeye Hope he wasn't badly hurt and it just knocked some sense into him. Don't fire them out of water :naughty

Owch:blackeye. A picture/video is worth a thousand words isn't it.
...! Like greendiver says its true too many people get their hands on spearguns
Be careful what you wish for, it may come true:hmm

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…