• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Himalaya Greetings from Nepal

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Aita Singh Lama

Mar 24, 2006
Hi & Himalaya Greetings to every body in the forum,

I am from Nepal. You are welcome in Nepal for diving in the himalaya lakes & rivers. Here we've great lakes & rivers that you can diving & fishing.

Welcome on DB as well Aita. I'be been in Nepal some years ago but i have to admit for all the different reasons comparing to freediving! It was all about getting high (dont mention it! :) ) up the Himalayans, trying to do the Annapurna Circuit. I ended up in the water at the end anyway, doing a week long white-water rafting one of the best ever experiences in this life.

i wonder if you freedive and if so, where exactly.

regards

serge

Reactions: DeepThought
Welcome, Aita Singh Lama! Wow, Himalaya! I always wondered what influence the living in such height has on freediving. I guess that being adopted to the lower O2 partial pressure, your blood contains more hemoglobin. The question now is if you can profit from it for longer dives when you descend to lower altitudes, or even in your location too.

What equipment do you use (wetsuit, fins, mask,...)? What water temperatures do you dive in? What does the life look like there in the lakes and rivers? I would love to see some photos if you happen to have any. Do you dive with buddies? Do you train regularly, or do you rather just dive recreationally? Or are you a spearfisher?

Again welcome, Aita, the thought of diving down and still be higher than most of the rest of the world is truly amusing. Please do tell us more and include pictures, if possible.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT