• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Holding a streamline during descent

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Jul 1, 2014
Are there any alternatives to fluid goggles and a nose clip or pipe goggles and a nose clip in order to both equalize hands free, and equalize or eliminate the need for equalizing the mask? I’d love to be able to maintain a good body position, which is impossible with one hand on the face during the descent. Thanks!

The Hektometer goggles! Absolutely amazing piece of equipment. They are goggles that have a thin flexible membrane and a small hole that allows water into the area with the membrane but the membrane prevents it from hitting your eyes. When you descend water pushes the membrane inward as air space shrinks inside. Theirs no need to equalize them cause the membrane flexes inward.
They've been tested to over 100m. I used for a month of training and many other divers too. Everyone seems to like them. Only met one person who had an issue he said around 20m he could feel it pushing on his eye but he's one out of maybe 10 people I know personally who've tried them. They're €150 but in my opinion worth it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: jeremyhathaway
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT