• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hole gun muzzle light

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Tin Man

Jun 27, 2006
Just messing around with an old idea. I often find myself trying to shoot up into a hole or small wreck where I can't seem to hold my gun and flashlight at the same time. It's the ARC light, which is powered by a single AAA battery, weighs less an ounce, and is depth rated to 100'. Time will tell if it will hold up to typical wear and tear.

Attachments

• IMG_5774.jpg
    IMG_5774.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_5771.jpg
    IMG_5771.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Nice work tin man! You up and running again? I may be trying my hand at another round of hybrids and would love to have a source for some custom muzzles!

Might be cool to be able to swap that little flashlight with a shark spike too? Just a thought.

Nice work tin man! You up and running again? I may be trying my hand at another round of hybrids and would love to have a source for some custom muzzles!

Might be cool to be able to swap that little flashlight with a shark spike too? Just a thought.

Neat idea on being able to swap the light for a spike! I like that.

I'm not quite up and running yet, but close. I had to do a lot of things "the hard way" on this muzzle. I should be set up in the new place in another 6 weeks or so.

good to know! Not sure when the hybrids will happen. I really liked the aimrite barrel for the last one but not sure that I could source them anymore. But if I am able to source a high quality carbon barrel I would think of doing a run of hybrids so Ill let you know.

Hybrids with a square section rear half or something nice & shapely?

something a little more shapely, I dont really like hybrids personally but I have had a couple of guys asking me to build a couple more.
76856_163421103691993_135477283153042_352427_232856_n.jpg

148108_163421157025321_135477283153042_352430_1676125_n.jpg

It will evolve from this one. Its hard to tell from these pictures but it does have some nice lines, not your typical square block. Hoping to give it a little more character but similar concept.... notice that awesome muzzle?

72543_163421223691981_135477283153042_352432_2252883_n.jpg

Sorry for the derail Tin Man!

No problem . . . you do beautiful work! Regarding shapely hybrids, I've been wanting to build a hybrid where the tube extends all the way back to the trigger mech, like some of Gil Gacula's designs. That gives you some additional flexibilty with shaping the wood, because it really doesn't need to add much (if any) strength.

That's a sweet set up, what a cool light, looks like one of those tiny maglites. Very flush fit.

No problem . . . you do beautiful work! Regarding shapely hybrids, I've been wanting to build a hybrid where the tube extends all the way back to the trigger mech, like some of Gil Gacula's designs. That gives you some additional flexibilty with shaping the wood, because it really doesn't need to add much (if any) strength.

I think that was one of the coolest looking guns I have seen to date.... oh to have a CNC machine!

. . . Might be cool to be able to swap that little flashlight with a shark spike too? Just a thought.

How about this Blaiz :D

Attachments

• IMG_5834.jpg
    IMG_5834.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_5830.jpg
    IMG_5830.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 125
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT