• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Holiday destination advise please?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

andah

Mar 16, 2008
Hi there - I have enough air miles to get from the UK to Greece. I want to go for a holiday at around the end of the summer with my gf and get a lot of spearfishing in.

Simple self catering is good for us with access to plenty of shore diving. I'm not too experienced still at spearfishing but would like this trip to help develop my skills. My gf is a complete beginner and likes taking the camera out on dives too.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Are you a scuba diver or a freediver? If your girl likes to freedive and spearfish you are one lucky guy!

I would recommend the Tomson deals, i dont usually do 'tour operator' holidays, but our recent trip to Sardegna was so good that i would reconsider for the future.

Hi andah! There are no ideal places where it is certain you catch lot of fish in Greece...However you can always enjoy freediving with visibilities far better than you are used to back home...If I were you, I would go to Crete where are more places to dive...Try to go to the eastern coast (Sitia) or the Southwestern (Chania). Renting a car or motorbike is a must, if you want to see more of the island.

Foxfish - its my gf's airmiles and she wants to get further away - culture etc....

Found another thread on Sardinia and it looks like it fits the bill well.

Still open to suggestions tho...........

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT