• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Home defense ?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Lucky intruder.

If the spear had a single point instead of the trident. It probberly would gone right through his head and killed him.

NASTY NASTY NASTY :yack i think i have to lay down. Somebody wake me up in an hour or so.;)

I would like to have my 110 Excalibur under my pillow, you know just in case. But hey, my wife wont let me:head

Joe

Last edited:
HOLY S*&@

That's gotta hurt

If someone was going to stab me in the heart i am sure it would be deliberate and not an accident.

Single Point

There was once a news item about a kid who took a single shaft
through the skull. Don't remember the details, except that he
floated alone in the water for a while, then was rescued and treated. Miraculously, he was quite okay !

Paul / Joe

How on earth did he get a single shaft in the head? Was it a bounce back off a rock or was he trying to load it in reverse with his feet (more leverage, more lethal !).

Guess it's always a good idea to go with a buddy so they can aid in the removal of sharp objects.

Ed

Ed, have not heard form you in a while. Let's get in the water soon.

g.

G. I PM'd you a few times - chk those messages.

Or give me a shout - gsy mobile 415 023

Could do with getting some more depth !

Originally posted by portinfer

How on earth did he get a single shaft in the head? Was it a bounce back off a rock or was he trying to load it in reverse with his feet (more leverage, more lethal !).

He was loading a Pneumatic, when the shaft slipped through his hands.

Yeah but isn't that the guy who was loading the gun in the boat against the deck as it was pumped with too much air?

Recipe for disaster.

Hey why'd I get negative karma for this ?! Don't really mind but if you give bad karma at least say why.

The karma machine should have an auto signature on it - non of this anonymous stuff !

(I am not advocating the use of spearguns for body piercing, body alteration or anything like that. Quite the opposite, I think this is a scary story and wanted to make sure everyone knew to load their guns the right way : with the sharp part pointing AWAY from yourself.)

Ed

Shaca, the guy Im thinking of was spearing by himself, no boat, and floated for a night before the authorities found him.

This guy you are talking about was Greek (from Crete).
It happened about two years ago and it occured while he was loading his pneumatic gun. The spear pierced him right under his jaw (near the throat) and came out through his scalp. The guy managed to float (having his sences!!) FOR FOUR HOURS! I think the coast guard found him and got him to the hospital.

Talk about divine intervention!!

Does anyone remember that pic that Mishu posted a few months back with some poor sod with a spear in his groin? These things are not to be played with, makes me shudder when I think of what could happen :(

somebody said that it is fake coz of the missingf shadow somewhere, probably spear?

Hey Galadion that makes my knees go all wobbly :(

Did the guy have any brain damage?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT