• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Home made cider

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

foxfish

Silver Smoker
Dec 31, 2005
I have never made cider before but I intend to this year.
I have four trees full of fruit, three eaters & one cooking but I suspect the trees were originally planted to produce cider apples.
Anyhow I want to know the best what to go - any one made cider before?

Hey foxfish!

I only made my own wine but consumed it way too soon so I am no expert.
But Dr.Jeremy (wreckrunner here) should be able to help You. He's got the coolest hobby and he makes his own beer. It has about 9% alc. and strong hops smell and taste. It is way better than Samuel Adams and it makes You dive deeper. Yes it's proven everytime I had it I hit new PB next day.

Back to cider, it's way cheaper and easier to make than good beer. It's good too but too sweet for me. Unfortunately it will make Your belly grow in no time...good luck

Last edited:
Well I dont mind a couple of extra lbs in the winter!
Yes cider can be sweet but also very nice to drink if the balance is right, from what I have read it seems a bit of a challenge to keep the alcohol levels below 10% & still have a full flavour?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…