• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hoping to dive w/ some Floridians

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Pezman

We pee deep. Ew!
Sep 24, 2002
I'm visiting some relatives in FL next week. I'll be around Marco Island the 16th through the 19th, but can travel w/ in reason.

I'm taking folks to Miami International the 20th and heading down to the keys for a day or two.

Would love to meet up w/ some fellow freakdivers ;).

Well Blue Springs in Orange City (between Orlando and Daytona) is an awesome dive. I'm not a great freediver (self-trained), but I go there all the time. I work 16-17, and leave for Costa Rica on 19, but if you'd be interested maybe the morning of the 18th I could meet you there... but I have no idea where Marco Island is and I'm guessing it'd be far for you. Blue Springs IS awesome though (one of a kind place IMO), you should see it sometime.

Is that the "Blue Springs" in Orange City? If so, it's about a 4 hour drive. I think that I'd be willing to go for that. I can head up the night before, camp out and dive my a$$ off the next day -- sounds like heaven.

I think i'm 99.44% sure I can do it. Ok if I give you a yell the 17th to confirm? I'll pm you w/ contact info.

Thanks! I've had the greatest luck using DB to meet total strangers and dive w/ them.

distinguished visitor such as yourself
rofl rofl rofl rofl

You definitely have me confused w/ someone else!

Connor and I already PM'd -- I think he's unavailable that week.
If you guys an make it out during the week, that would rule. I might even be able to do a two day tour of the springs.

I don't want to put anyone out, but then on the other hand, the more the merrier.

Is the Scott that you're referring to STurgeon (and if so, isn't he a Ft Lauderdale-ian)

Hi Pez,

Yeh, I'm pretty booked for the next couple of weeks, but a 19th dive at Blue with a bunch of DBers would be great. Let me work on that.

Connor

That Scott would be...

...me!

I understand that you guys will be diving Friday (6/18) at Blue Springs. I can't make it that day, but let me know if you will still be in the area on Saturday.

Have a great day diving!

Scott

Scott,

Sorry we didn't meet. I had a great time diving with Jeff and Matt. Hope they had half as good a time as I did, despite the fact that I was a bit of a hapless guest (details later). Matt did pretty well, but Jeff is an absolute monster. Reminds me of JerseyJim with the unassuming manner and inhuman bottom times.

I was completely unprepared for the springs, and I'm pretty sure that anyone who hasn't actually dived in one will be completely awestruck the first time they go in one.

After diving Blue and Alexander, I reflected on the dives and now I'm looking forward to the next dive since I kind of "get it" as far as the complexities of the structures (traverses etc.) inside the spring are concerned.

I think it's an Olympus c5050. There's a newer model the 5060 with even better video features.

While the camera's good, it's pezman's editing that rocks !

Pez, hope the camera is ok. See you at Dutch one of these days.

Pez,

I just read this thread. Sorry I missed your visit!!!!! I live in Jupiter which is about 10 miles north of West Palm Beach. If you ever make it back to FL, please get in touch with me and we'll do some diving on my boat.

Scott T.

I thought the ledges were really cool to dive down to hang out on while watching the bubble blows swim by and would look at you like your crazy.

What others places around Orlando are there to dive and are there any places close by to do any spearing. I know someone in Orlando that I can shack up with! I got some ideas going to spend a week of vacation time on :confused:

For those who have never seen the inside of a spring (or have never seen Jeff Richardson), here you go. The complexity took me by surprise (ambiguity intentional).

Attachments

• jeff_640x480.jpg
    jeff_640x480.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 249
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT