• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Housing List

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Amphibious

Working Class Spearo
Mar 17, 2002
Starting my preliminary research into getting a Digital UW Cam.

Thought the best way to start narrowing down the choices would be to figure out what housings are available for what Cams? Is there a list of some sort for this?

Thanks, Will.

Cameras websites

Hi,
To see what housing there is for certein camera go to www.digideep.com-a great site which give you all the housing companies.To read about any digital camera go to www.dpreview.com.

But first: Decide on which budget you are on and then I can really help you.

Take care.

Thanks for the links, I am brand new to this so I dn't even know what I want to spend, no idea what these things are worth - assuming $$$$$

Willer

It all depends

Well...
It all depends.
A Canon Dslr 1ds will cost you $8000
But you can buy a nice Olympus for $700 and less.

Olympus D450Z Housing

Gabby:
DO you happen to know if there is a housing I can use for my Olympus D450Z digital? I've been on the Digideep site months ago, and Olympus seems to have discontinued a housing that was made for it. Is there another Mfgr for housings that would work for my camera?

Thanks in advance,

Jim

Someone on Digigdeep just posted where you can get a housing for an olympus 5050-z-That's the camera and housing that I bought. The only difference was they found a place that will sell the housings for $150! :head Half of what I paid!:waterwork

Search the files over there and see what's new. Things change so fast that it's hard to keep up. If you can't find a housing I would check E-bay. Older cameras come up on there all of the time and in digital speak, an old camera is still less than two years old.

They should be able to tell you about current housings and who has the best deal going at the moment.

I figure that I have saved my slef a couple hundered bucks in film already with my digital camera. Now, I only print the pictures that I really want.

Jon

uw digital forum

Jon,
One of the forums I've found:

http://www.digitaldiver.net/?page=contest

At the particular link I've provided you can find some nice pictures. The one of a shrimp in an anemonae is beautiful and made with your camera.

Adrian

You may want to take a look at Ikelite's range of housings ...
Also wetpixel forums . ;)

Olympus housings

Hello again,
Well Jay I have not found a housing for your camera but I suggest you should E-mail this two websites: www.japan-direct.com and http://www.underwaterdigital.net.
They are both very helpful and good prices.
Ikelite makes better housings to much depper depth but they are much more expensive and for you camera they don't have a housing.

Take care.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT