• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

How can I improve my speargun

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

carlosc305

Jul 24, 2007
I have some question on how to improve my speargun.
I have a Mares 1100 Cyrano speargun.
I would like to improve the shaft it bends when I try to load it.
I heard of this Sea Spring Coil I was wondering what that is.

Add a rail if the gun does not have one and use a heavier spear or thinner bands. That should do the trick :)

Add a rail if the gun does not have one and use a heavier spear or thinner bands. That should do the trick :)

...or buy a Rabitech!
:)
On the serious side, you can buy a stainless steel shaft (for the source, you should tell me where you live to suggest you a closer on line shop), then pressurize the gun at 25 bar/atm and there you go.
For further improvement, use a more fluid oil (motorbike fork oil will do) and enlarge the side holes of the muzzle for a quicker water output.
Moreover, if you want to spend 100 euro on it, you can upgrade the gun with a "Mamba" kit.

Yes of coarse rofl rofl
Seriously, o its a pneumatic oops, disregard my post that would work only for a band gun I know bugger all about pneumatics sorry...:eek:

Reactions: foxfish
put your left hand on the bottom of the shaft (just above the muzzle) as you load the spear with your right hand... maybe its because the cyrano uses a 7mm shaft so at that length it could bend ( i have a 6.5mm spear on my mamba 90 and it also bends so thats how i solve it, nothing wrong with the spear).... the cyrano 110 is supposed to be a serious piece of equipment, i would also recommend installing a mamba kit.. people swear by them on Cyranos

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT