• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

How do Omer footpockets compare to Sporasub?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Beaky

Jan 17, 2003
If a Sporasub footpocket 42-44 fits me really well, will an Omer 42-44 do too?

I would like to order myself a monofin with Omer footpockets, but I have not been able to find any Omer footpockets in the right size to test the fit. I have tried a pair of Sporasubs 42-44 and found them to be very comfortable (with a thin wetsuit sock), Slightly wide around the front of the foot, but otherwise just perfect!

I have also tried a pair of Omer 44-46 which are clearly one size too large, but it is the proportions that worry me most. In particular, there seemed to be enormous amounts of space at the sides of my heels while they fit fairly well to the top of my foot!

So my question is: If the Sporasubs fit me well, will the same size Omers work for me, or will they be much wider around the heel, or possibly too tight on the top of the foot?

Johnny

Johnny,
Everyone I know who has tried or owned them both says the sizes are the same. They also say Omer are a little wider in the heal and the rubber is harder. I have a pair and they are tight on top of the foot too like you observed. From what you have said, I would go with the Sporasubs, plus they are cheaper. If I didn’t already own a pair of Omer I would buy Sporasubs.
Steve

Hello Johnny

I had the same problem when I first got my monofin.
I have shoe size 44 and my monofins omer footpocktets are 42 -44
I have tried omerfootpockets 42-44 & 44-46.
Frankly both are working well but I was going with 42-44 becauce I wanted a tight footpocket not to loose any power in the transfer from foot to fin.
Withtout socks the 42-44 are exelent and with 1, 5 or 3mm socks
the are working well but I need lube.
44-46 are too big without socks but with 3mm socks are o.K.

If you are hapen to be close to Malmö you are welcome to test my monofin.

Reactions: Beaky and donmoore
Until now I have use my monofin without socks not more that one hour. But is working well. Only in the begining I had problems over the left toe but after I have work this area with sandpaper
(Omer footpockets are sharpedged!!) is not problem anymore.

BUT, generaly the feet get tired faster without socks. On the other hand the feet are not getting very warm so they are not swelling.

Motionsync

P.S. But maybe my feet are "harder" after growing up without shoes on the hard rocks of Crete.:)

Originally posted by stevevidar
From what you have said, I would go with the Sporasubs, plus they are cheaper.
I would if I could, but I'm afraid that in this case my choices are either getting the fin as it is or not at all. Also when the footpockets are mounted on a mono they are no longer interchangeable, so I'm worried I won't be able to use the fin at all.

Johnny

Reactions: donmoore
Johnny

If you order you monofin from Specialfins.com talk to Juri and tell him that you whant you monofin with sporasub footpockets.
Becauce the design is the same like Omer footpockets I am sure that he could make a Monofin for you with Sporasub footpockets.
I have deal with Juri and he is a great person that help in any way he can.

Motionsync

I have one of Juri's monofins with the OMER pockets on it and I find it just fine. Almost all of my bi-fins have Sporasub pockets on them and the new OMER pockets are just as comfortable.

I wear a size 43 shoe and have 42-44 footpockets. THis allows me to squeeze a 5mm sock in htem. With my Sporasub pockets, which are all 42-44 as well, I can get a 5mm sock in some and only a 3mm sock in others. All the smae company, but different fit? The old OMER pockets I found to be too stiff, but the last pair I bought were just fine.

I was a little leary of switching over, but now am just fine with either pocket.

Just my $0.02

Jon

Reactions: Beaky
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT