• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

How many forum members...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

miles

BORN WILD!!!
Supporter
Jun 13, 2003
How many DeeperBlue forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

53 to flame the spell checkers.

41 to correct spelling/grammar flames.

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive.

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp".

27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's.

3 to post pictures of a light bulb.

1 to ask how to post images.

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ.

44 to ask what is a "FAQ".

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?".

143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs".

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

5 to ask what this is doing on a DeeperBlue forum.

25 to say that it's in the general section and not technical so is allowed.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Well, since it's deeperblue and not just some other forum there are also:

7 to warn that you should not change lightbulbs alone.

3 to recommend a lightblub changing clinuqe in the continent near you.

4 to warn against changing lightbulbs without guidance from an experienced guru.

12 to exchnage opinions on lightbulb changing equipment.

4 to post a DIY guides with pictures.

2 to post videos.

7 to ask about the WR on different lightbulb disciplines.

32 to ask if anyone knows how to get the IMAX movie 'lightbulbmen' on DVD.

Michael, what's the difference between dynamic and static lightbulbs? :D Would a flicker be the same as a samba? Obviously, a blackout remains a blackout!

Adrian

Reactions: sinkweight
I think a dynamic lightbulb would be something like a Xerox scanner bulb. And a static would be along the lines of closet light.

You mean lightbulbs are starting to come "out of the closet" now? Woe is me. Now we have Closet Lightbulbs.............

10 to point out that if you burn your fingertips in the process, that does not count as proper change of light bulb and the rules of changing the light bulb should not really allow that

1 to object that we are all different and one does not have neccessarily to feel the pain when burning fingertips...and does not even have to know that figertips have been burned...and fingertips will heal in few days anyway...

:hmm

octopus said:
10 to point out that if you burn your fingertips in the process, that does not count as proper change of light bulb and the rules of changing the light bulb should not really allow that

1 to object that we are all different and one does not have neccessarily to feel the pain when burning fingertips...and does not even have to know that figertips have been burned...and fingertips will heal in few days anyway...

:hmm

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Um. Don't forget CNN's grandstanding "Hurricane-style" live-on-the-scene coverage with Anderson Cooper!

Attachments

• CNN bulb.jpg
    CNN bulb.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 135
What a heck is a light bulb???

Changing light bulbs frequently,( cause the electric field issue) would attracts sharks in your next dive????
Could a light bulb could be overpowered, without loosing lightness or bulbness and or lightbulbness???
How many light bulb changes are necessary to be considered an achieved light bulbmen or a lightbulbmearo, or a light bulb certified changer????
Does anyone knows about a serious light bulb related community???
Who holds the current light bulb record??? is it in Australia or S.A???

appreciate it ...

Last edited:
Shadowkiller said:
And 1 spammer to post a link to lightbulb related adult entertainment.... rofl

I would like to point out a spelling/grammer error in this post about changing lightbulbs.

The proper grammer is, "And one spammer to......."

Let's all refrain from using actual numbers in place of words and use pwoper engish.

jeeeez

Is the light bulb being changed while on Scuba or Free diving ???

Scuba would be Cheating because it takes the Sport, Thrill, Skill out of it.
Any one can change a light bulb on Scuba but you need to be a finely tuned athlete to do it while holding your breath.

Crusty

I will be glad to volunteer as one of the light bulb experts.

1 to chage a light bulb is to LAMP the fixture.
2 a person who changes light bulbs is an ELECTRiCIAN . Unless you are at home in that case, you the HOMEOWNER does this, or in some cases The MAINTENCE WORKER may also be QUALIFIED.
3 I don't know the world record for LAMP changing but on a good day a QUALIFIED person may change up to a couple hundred LAMPS Per HOUR
given the right circumstances.
4 hard to burn ur fingers on FLOURESCENT TUBES

5 A LAMP is a device used at a point of utilization to ILLUMINATE an area.

6 A Static LAMP would be a Bulb with an EDISON base and
a Dynamic LAMP would be a LIKE A TUBE HOW EVER they could be BULBS

7 Some basic RULES are: As far as Changing them alone depends on how high up u are. If you are going really high a good ground team is invaluble. They may even save ur life. As with all SAFE LAMPING proceedures DO NOT HOLD YOUR BREATH you could get a nose bleed which could block your sinuses.
btw You can use a liftbag without losing points. but you must wear gloves to prevent rope burns. Also Do not Overweight! as your desent rate would tend to increase to a point where you may not be able to get back up. This could also lead to HYPERVENTING and we know WHAT that means dont we.yep Black OUT !

I am selling two Omer lightbulbs that I have only used twice.

The first one is a 75, and the second one is a 100.

The 75 has a few light scratches on it because I screwed that one pretty hard a few times. The 100 was a bit to large for my preference so I only got it in once and then took it right back out.

IMHO Omer bulbs are much better than the Picasso and hold up much longer.

Feel free to contact me, I go by the name of sinkweight. :D :D

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT