• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

How much longer

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Pastor

Supporter
Supporter
Mar 17, 2004
God I'll be glad when the new season starts! Anyone fishing down the south yet?

Yeah but not in the cold Irish sea. Check out surfnspears temp map :(

17825d1204917364-dorset-spearing-2008-follow-warm-current.jpg

8 degs my D3 said last weekend.

Only 3 small pollock seen but plenty of weed growth.

Not long now.

Heh guys, watch out for that big fish swimming up from France it looks like its heading this way sheeeeesh..... I don't even think it would get up into the Irish sea its huge!!

I think the clocks going forward at the end of March is the signal for summer to begin..... not long now :)

Hi Pastor,
Hope this post finds you well. Its been a long winter!

My friend Dario has just bought a kayak, which will hopefully open up a few more opportnites for spearfishing along the Anglesey coast. I was wondering if you might give me the benefit of your experience and tell us some good spots to try early in the season. Do bass turn up around your neck of the coast in April or is it later? The earliest I 've caught them off Porth Dinllaen on the Lleyn. I'm interested in any fish tho' it seems like such a long time. I caught my last bass at the end of september. it was a good one tho'. it would be really good to finally meet you when the season gets going

Cheers
John Moorcroft (Cheshire)

Attachments

• bass1.JPG
    bass1.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 178
Reactions: Pastor
The outfall at Wylfa holds them all year but I can never bring myself to go there even though it is supposed to be 100% safe water. There was a bass caught about a month ago in the inland sea with a rod but never in any numbers until late May at the very earliest (to warrant a special trip). If I where really being honest then it doesn't really kick off until late June - early July. If you're interested in any fish then just any rocky outcrop will hold something, Cable bay is very good for flatties early on

hi all,

Nothing doing down here- don't think there will be any vis for months at this rate-Probably May- the sea looks like a solid grey colour.....nice!
There are fish down here though- one guy went out rod and line fishing to Rhoose (barry) over the past week and got himself a 11 and 9lb bass!

I was thinking of starting a Welsh surfing thread rofl

Nice fish those, just goes to show :(

Hi Pastor,
Thanks for the reply. I guess we'll give flatty bashing a go then. I can never spot the buggers tho' got any tips?

Cheers
john

Out on the sand it's difficult, all you can see is maybe the 2 eyes sticking out of the sand along with the mouth or a tell tail fin which at least shows which side of the eyes the body is rofl On the incoming tide they can be found swimming on the reef edges hunting

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT