• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

how much power is enough

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

doyenofcastle

Oct 30, 2012
Hi everyone ,
I was wonder how much power is enough for wood speargun with specific shaft dia and length ,enough to penetrate at 6 m /4 inch thick fish ,for example my 130 gun can do that at 7mm spear 170cm /2*16.6mm rubber/315% elongation ,how about 7mm spear 150 cm ?or 6.75mm spear 120 cm ? Is there a formula or something can be used for that ?

I have a alemanni Mediterrano 105 that will do that. Double Rollergun. It is also accurate, I will shoot inside a 2 inch circle at 5 meters. It does drop a bit at 6 meters, 5 cm drop.

Hi everyone ,
I was wonder how much power is enough for wood speargun with specific shaft dia and length ,enough to penetrate at 6 m /4 inch thick fish ,for example my 130 gun can do that at 7mm spear 170cm /2*16.6mm rubber/315% elongation ,how about 7mm spear 150 cm ?or 6.75mm spear 120 cm ? Is there a formula or something can be used for that ?

Well, just about any man who tried to construct a speargun would like to know that formula. The fact is, from my expirience, power is not even the issue here. More so, i think that too much power quickly backfires. The exact ammounts could probably be calculated, though with the ammount of variables in question its just easier to toy around with rubber for one day and find the optimum. What you really are looking for are ways to redistribute the power output so that it is more gradual, preventing shaft flex and gaining more acceleration over time. It all comes down to what you are really trying to achieve, what kind of speargun would you use

Reactions: foxfish
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT