• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

how to buy in internet?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

boqueirao

May 10, 2004
hi
first of all, sorry for my english. i'm new here and i live outside the USA, in Portugal, the most western coast of Europe.
i want to buy some equipment: a Riffe or JBL wood spear gun, a reel and some other items. here is very hard to get it and very expensive too. can anybody help me to choose a credible web store with good prices?

thank you and greetings from Portugal

http://www.spearfishinggear.com/ They have good prices and will work with you to get you best shipping deal. I recommend you e-mail or call Mathew before placing an order, because sometimes the web pages are not up to date with the latest gear.
don

Hey boq...
visit www.spearo.co.uk and see what they can do for you...
if you are willing to spend money on a riffe why not spend a little less on a Rob Allen Railgun in carbon... they are very powerfull (double 16s when > 120) and are extremely accurate... search the forum for RA Railgun and you will quickly find out they are a very popular gun... good luck!

duh! slaps face... I though you were in england!
Take a look at Donmoore's post... that will cover your needs.
If you change your mind to a Euro gun (easier loadin, better manauvrability, little less power) then check out
http://www.sportextreme.com/pq210/

Good Luck

Hola Boqueirao,

The shop on this forum is also very competent and recommendable and ships from Spain so shipping won't be much of a problem. Check out www.subprof.com as well, it's also here in Spain. The only difficulty is that you might not find the tpe of gun you are looking for.

Adrian

if you live in europe, its better for you to buy it from europe shops. If you intensively want Riffe, you can get one from dealer in france, or some other store in france.

thank you all

donmoore
snorkel bum
adrian
murat

now i have a lot of new information, thanks to you, and i need to spend some time checking it out on the web. later i will tell you my opinion about your reconmendations.

about the option for a wood gun, the reason is that i need a real powerfull one, not for spearfishing in the portuguese coasts but for the Azorean islands, where i dive a lot.
about the Rob Allen guns, i dont know yoo much about them. i just have ear the name, but i will check it out too.

about to buy in Europe, the problem is that the prices are very, very high. the same gun, sometimes can cost more 100% than in the USA

thank you all, one more time

greetings from Portugal

Hi Boq,

One word of advice...
I recently got some spearfishing goods from the US and I ended up paying about the same in Custums Tax has the product value on the invoice.

cheers,
Rui

Hi all

all your information was very usefull, thanks.
spearfishinggear.com it's a great on line store, thanks donmoore :)

the question about custums tax that Rui had advice me, it's realy a problem, maybe i can get a solution for that, but i dont know yet...

greetings
d.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT