• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

How to manually exit dive mode?? (Oceanic F10, v3)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

JohnJDS

Aug 13, 2016
Hey all. I have a question for f10 users.

On a dive today, my watch read 0.8 meters whenever I was at the surface, so it never exited dive mode and returned to surface mode. The manual states the watch will automatically return to surface mode when you are above 0.6 meter depth. Since it was reading 0.8 at surface, it was stuck in dive mode and I couldn't manually switch.

I tried every button combo I could think, re-read the manual when I got home, and failed to find any info searching google and YouTube.

Has this happened to anyone before? Is there a way to manually force exit of dive mode? Any ideas why it was miss-reading the surface? I manually switched to free (surface mode, from watch mode) while entering the water, possibly at a low point in a swell? Does it configure zero depth when it first enters free surface? I did not have wet activation turned on.

Seems like a strange oversight to not have a manual switch out of dive mode. It rendered the watch somewhat useless. Sort of bummed. Brand new watch.

I can't help with all your questions but try holding top left button once or twice to exit dive mode.
The problem with depth could be the difference between salt and fresh water mode?

Thanks. I was in salt water mode, and the first thing I tried was long hold the mode button. Neither that, nor long hold (A) worked. I tried every combo of m+s, a+s, and m+a. Even tried combos with (L).

By the time I got to the car it was back in watch mode. Didn't pay attention when it switched, don't know if it was on account of drying off (even though I had wet activation disabled), or gaining elevation going up the stairs from the beach.

Reactions: Emily Penley
Did a quick test in a pool today and it performed fine (registered surface properly so it would enter and exit dive mode appropriately). I'll see how it does back in the ocean this weekend.

I looked through the manual again, and watched any tutorial videos I could find on YouTube. There is no manual control to exit dive mode and return to surface mode.

I had the same issue a while back; same solution, just let it dry off for a while and it seemed to correct itself. Seems like a bug and would be nice if there was a way to reset it to watch mode without doing something durastic like pulling the battery.

Reactions: JohnJDS
Ya, @breenmachine it seemed to sort itself out shortly after getting out of the water. I can confirm it worked great this past weekend though, no problems. Good to know it isn't just me also, thanks.

Hopefully that's just a random thing that doesn't re-occur. Wonder if there's a feedback channel anywhere to report that.

Hi. I have an F10v2, but I've had similar experiences. Only solution that has worked is to enter dive mode only after being in the water for a couple minutes (thermal stabilization). I guess if you enter dive mode for example in an air conditioned car and then jump into warmer or colder water this problem might occur. Only way to reset is to remove battery or just wait.

Hi. I have an F10v2, but I've had similar experiences. Only solution that has worked is to enter dive mode only after being in the water for a couple minutes (thermal stabilization). I guess if you enter dive mode for example in an air conditioned car and then jump into warmer or colder water this problem might occur. Only way to reset is to remove battery or just wait.
Good tips, thanks!

I can't help with all your questions but try holding top left button once or twice to exit dive mode.
The problem with depth could be the difference between salt and fresh water mode?
Works for me.

My first two watches were F10's and they both had the problem you described. Weather played a factor and made it happen more frequently on days with high pressure. My solution was to take the watch off and suck on the sensor [which is on the back of the watch] in order to make it re-surface - the very first time I got it out the box and played with the settings I accidentally changed the activation depth to the shallowest and it immediately went in to dive mode and stayed there (I was in my living room). I had to put the vacuum on low power and hold it near the back of the watch in order for it to 're-surface', surpass the 1 min surface interval, exit to settings and change it back to it's deepest activation depth - first impressions weren't great but figured it's probably due to my climate/location.

For the last year i've been using a Suunto D6i and it's not happened once - the depth sensor is on the side however so I probably wouldn't need to take the watch off if it ever did happen.

Reactions: jpp and JohnJDS
I've always thought that some sort of 'calibration' feature would be a nice touch. When you jump in the water you tell the watch that 'THIS' is the surface and the watch can make small changes to stay accurate

Somehow my f10 v3 has entered dive mode too. It's reading 2.8m and the dive time is running. Thats it on the display. Now it's starting to beep with EDT flashing every two Minutes. I've tried all Button combos and it goes to lap 1 and 2 but then always back to depth and time. Tried the sucking but thats not working. Any ideas?

Weird, don't know. Mine eventually exited on its own. Hasn't happened since, luckily, so I haven't had to try to figure it out. Did yours flip back finally?

John, strange, I answered but my answer isn't here. So here again.
Yes, it did eventually flip back. I don't exactly know when. Because it was beeping all the time, I had to wrap in a t-shirt as the Mrs and other people were beginning to scowl at me on the beach.
I've asked Oceanic but they don't have any answers. It hasn't done it since.
But here's one:
"What on earth are you doing?"
"I'm sucking on my watch."
"I know you're free diving mad, but don't you think that's taking it a bit far?"
"No, no, it's not like that. Someone told me to do it."

Yes, it did eventually flip back. I don't exactly know when.

From memory it exits free mode after 1 hour without a dive. The Suunto I am now using will go back to regular Time mode after 30 minutes without a dive - useful for saving battery power when i forget to do it manually after getting out the water.

Yesterday for the First time my f10 v1 stuck on dive Mode everytime o was on the surface. It kept reading 0,6 m so i managed to lift my wrist out of the water after each dive and it returned to surface mode. I hope it does not happen again. Cheerz

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT