• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

How to really lower your blood pressure without medication?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I agree in particular with Eric´s comments about the diet. I have made a substantial change in my diet and lifestyle. I cut out processed foods and sugar (as far as this is possible) and I eat mostly plant-based whole foods. Cardiovascular exercise is also really important but without straining yourself if you have elevated BP. I recommend a book: "How not to Die" by Michael Greger and Gene Stone but seeks your doctor´s advice before making any significant changes to your lifestyle. I reduced my BP and Cholesterol with the change in diet and exercise and I feel 20 years younger too! Preparing food from scratch is very educative and enjoyable in itself and every mealtime is a treat. I should add that any change would have been very difficult without the support of my wife. I she were not committed to healthy living, it would be much harder for me to do so. As for Yoga and meditation, I agree that any activity which helps to calm us is beneficial. Sex is a great BP regulator too- perhaps you should study and practice Tantra. I have found that all of these things combined have enormously improved the quality of my day to day life.

Funny how people find the same solution completely independent of each other. Julian perfectly described the solution I stumbled on to. It works! Nice side benefit, the enjoyableness of your diet improves enormously.

This is all very interesting. A low resting HR indicates a healthy & physically fit individual as far as I have always learned.

What is important is that HR rises sharply with rising effort and does the same as effort decreases. A good, fast 'response' if I may say so.

I would not worry much about lower/higher BP as this tends to change even through a day, with stress, heat, effort, food etc...and like Mr.X my girlfriend's grandpa can pretty much choose whether he gets a High or Low BP result during a test. He amazes the doctor. He wont say how he does it!

I eat well, drink plenty of water, exercise regularly, stretch a little every day and that's about it for me. Would love to spend 2 hours Yoga each day but unfortunately have no time. The little free time I have I tend to go spearfishing :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT