• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

How to set up a JBL slip tip for my polespear?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Shawnny_561

Dec 19, 2016
Ok so I ordered a 14" JBL slip tip for my pole spear. I know what a slip tip does kinda but I don't know how to set it up. I took a picture of it and attached it to this post. Is the way it is in the picture how it's suppose to be set up? Am I suppose to take the little line out of the O ring? Does it matter how high the o ring is?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 377
Ok so I ordered a 14" JBL slip tip for my pole spear. I know what a slip tip does kinda but I don't know how to set it up. I took a picture of it and attached it to this post. Is the way it is in the picture how it's suppose to be set up? Am I suppose to take the little line out of the O ring? Does it matter how high the o ring is?

Your slip tip has a white cord attached with a loop on the bottom. This loop is to help you to easily pull the cord to secure the tip on the tip's shaft. The rubber o ring is there to hold the white cord tight to the shaft and it is to be placed as low as possible on the tip's shaft. The remainder of the white cord with the loop hangs free. When you shoot the fish, the tip will go through the fish and pull the white cord with it. The cord with the looped end has a knot which will stop the tip. To remove the tip from the fish, turn the tip around point to you, and push back through the fish.

Not trying to be elementary, but to a novice, like me, sometimes it is best to illustrate step by step. I called JBL to make sure of the above information.

Good luck.

John

Reactions: nickdpayton
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT