• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hummm! boring in here with out diving!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

what will you normally do if you can not dive?

• Buy lots of gear.

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Dry statics.

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Get to the gym, run and all that!

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Work or study a bit more (Yeah right!)

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Get a girlfriend (boyfriend)

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Play with your snorkel...

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Watch "the big blue" 200 times.

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Something else.

Votes: 12 37.5%

• Total voters

Pablo

Breather... so far!
Mar 9, 2004
What will you normally do if you can not dive?

Attachments

• tree.gif
    tree.gif
    94.2 KB · Views: 453
Reactions: jodyfreedive
I was just complaining yesterday about not being able to dive much these days due to cold water and ice covering up some of my favourite dive spots... Well the ice is gone!

Anyway, if I had the "Big Blue" then I'd probably watch it 200 times!... but I don't. So I watch all my freediving videos instead while doing dry statics!

Yes, I'm ready for the start of a new diving season.

Aaron

Hehe :D that has never been my problem, having lived in Doha for the last 24 years, been in the water nearly every day during that time

Its a hard life :D

I sit around editing my pics from previous dives. Working through a backlog of 200 pics at the moment.. *groan*

I go rollerblading, or play volleyball... any sport will do, but I gotta do something to waste energy..

Pekka

Anything in the poll applies for me. Except dry statics. I've done that for a time but i can't be arsed anymore because it's so boring.
Hey alison, will you please stop posting pictures like that? It's raining here, 3°C and the beach is about 500km away, have mercy...

Joe

Last edited:
For what its worth, Im back in the UK since Monday and Im Bloomin freezin :(

Originally posted by flyboy748
IAnyway, if I had the "Big Blue" then I'd probably watch it 200 times!... but I don't.
Aaron

WHAT!! :naughty
DVD Director's Cut is a must my Canadian friend!
Cheers,
Erik Y.

!!!!! Arghhhhhhh.....!!!!!!

Como'n guys not the gym... not the running: vote for the gear... the gear!

I promise myself to follow the god advise of fellow divers for the next weeks, at least until I get back under... and I was expecting more statics!

Hey nice pict shadowkiller, I like the work on the colors! My box is back in Mallorca :waterwork

I'm spending some time training my hands free equalization, that will be really really cool. But is a good time to check the material, update some old stuff and work out new ideas to get thinks right once back.

Attachments

• bain.jpg
    bain.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 314
Beautiful picture shadowkiller! That crab sure has personality! rofl

keep 'em coming!

adrian

You forgot visiting Freedive sites, I've choosen /picked them all, exept for the first one, I havn't got the money nor the will.

Nice pictures people!

Interesting thread.

I voted "other" though I have probably seen the Big Blue a dozen times. Sometimes when I am doing other stuff, I just run the movie in background. Ludicrus story, but nice music and scenes.

When bored I usually hang out in front of my computer. It's an addiction going back 20 years (Vic 20). I also log on here frequently to daydream a bit about diving.

Will buy more gear soon.

I'm surprise that so many people know about the Big blue.

When he came out I was living in Paris, and kind of become an icon... lots of dolphins everywhere, pool underwater kissing :yack and lots and lots of people holding they breath n'till BO. During the 3h version premiere, something like 4000 show up, and kind of make a big mess to get in... with people wounded and police everywhere: worse than Star Wars!

I still feel something strong when seeing the first parts about the childhood, and can not avoid to laugh at Enzo driving is small car or getting an hotel room. Is a fantastic movie and I watch it more than 200 times during the summer holidays, living a house suspended in a Mallorquin cliff, before to get on/under the water for the rest of the day with my girl ... was total paradise and the movie was part of it .

You should be visiting the forum no matter you dive or not :naughty !

Interesting too that some people have vote about the couple stuff. I don't go to start another poll about that, but you think that is hard to share a love/sex story with freediving?
In here they don't like much the tone of stinky wet gear dripping along the house, and still need to see a NZ lady freediver... but the worse is that between work the pool and diving is not much the girl see from me, and they normally end up saying ciao! :head

Last edited:
Forgot the pict... can not dive... but they still are fishes to picture :D !

Attachments

• 0119.jpg
    0119.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 245
Bored if i don't dive ? must be crazy mate, there's so much to do in the ocean and i actually love not diving. i windsurf, kitesurf, foilboard, sail, hang at the beach for barbies and beer and enjoy the good times. don't get me wrong, down there is my home, but i got lots of stuff to do on the surface too.
delphicly, Noa

Not diving?

You must be crazy.

When do we stop diving?

This is me.... granted, in scuba wetsuit. I don't have any pics of me in my freedive gear yet since I don't very often have a buddy along, and when I do, they don't have a camera.....

Attachments

• freefloat at conestoga 04 apr.jpg
    freefloat at conestoga 04 apr.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 340
I will be gladly there with you Freefloat... holding the camera! rofl

Just a couple of weeks on dry land... and feeling dehydrate! but taking care about :friday :chatup zzz :naughty

This week I played with my snorkel as I broke it on the weekend, I dont think that was quite what you were after but the truth hurts.:naughty

Reactions: Pablo
FreeFloat,
Now that's called dedication! Do you thaw out when spring time comes around? Great picture! :D

Adrian

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT