• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hunting in Lombok / Indonesia

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

glassfish

Feb 20, 2005
Hi Spearos,
from March 2009 I will stay 6 months on the "Gii Islands" off the coast of Lombok (just east off Bali). It would be nice to find some Buddys to join me.
Accomodation is cheap and can be organized . We will always go out with outrigger-boats cause we want to protect the reefs near the coastline for snorkelers who come here (in not to big numbers) from all over the world.
Good spearguns you can buy in Bali and not so good ones you can rent here.
If you are interested,feel free to contact me.
Glassfish

Hi,

I will be hosting spearfishing Safaris from the 1st of march till 3rd of April in the Andaman islands but may be in Indo in late april. The is another user on here that will be in indo during march, you may want to contact him. He has posted a thrread in here regarding his holiday.

hello, i jus opening a freediveshop at gili air! is u are interested pass by, its in the harbour! otherwise u can find me at trawangan, ask for sander

Aloha everyone, I will be in Bali from March 6th through the 31st for my honeymoon. Needless to say I will be with my new wife but the good news is that she enjoys freediving as well. We were contemplating on making a trip out to the gilis for a few days so maybe we could hui up and make a few dives. I will be itching to do some more serious diving as my fiance isnt too comfortable with deeper water just yet. She enjoys anything from 30-40 feet so that still covers alot.

hello, i jus opening a freediveshop at gili air! is u are interested pass by, its in the harbour! otherwise u can find me at trawangan, ask for sander

Hey Sander,

What do you think would be the best way to go about getting weights for weight belts in indo. Im still thinking of lugging mine down but if its going to be a hassle I might not.

Hey there,
You can buy weights easily in Bali Dive-shops. There is a dive-operator on Gili-Air.They also have some gear to sell. I think that it eaven may be able to borrow that stuff.They also offer dives in that area.Here is the adress :
info@dreamdivers.com .The manager on Gili Air is Mr Opik.If you contact him,just say hello from Axel !
Might see you there,
Glassfish Axel:D:D

Last edited:
Reactions: blaiz
Hi there!

Is anyone still going to be out in the Gilis or Lombok through out August and September 2009? My wife and I will be traveling in that region and would love to meet up for some trips with anyone with local knowledge.

We're thinking of hiring some motorbikes to explore some of the Lombok coast, and would love to get off shore a bit. I'm also hoping to take my mono to use out there but sell off before we leave, as I see it being a bit of a mission to travel with!

Maybe see some of you on that side of the glode? :)
Martin

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT