• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hunting in the UK

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

rifmaniac

Jul 12, 2004
hi
I'm a british citizen actually living and spearfishing in Tunisia(North Africa);
I havn't been back for years, and in fact never hunted in the UK.
I might pop in next summer, in Liverpool.
So how is spearfishing there?
Do I need a license?
Do I have to use a float?
Is there a limit on how much fish I can catch?
Where can't I hunt?

What kind of vis can I usually find on the western coast?
What kind of fish and sizes?
What places would you advise me to try(anywhere 200 or 300km from liverpool)?

And, most delicate question, can the excess of fish be sold legally?

thanks

Liverpool! Brilliant city :) but spearing is a non event, however the North wales coast is only an hours drive away and has some of the best fishing around :) Take a look at this website its rod and line based but will give you a good idea :) I use it all the time.
No licence needed, Bass is the fish that most people want to catch, the viz is anything between 0 - 15m. A float is a must for your safety, the tides need watching too, they can get very strong, there have been 3 people drowned this week within a few miles of each other on the north wales coast but if you stick to within an hour either side of slack water you'll be fine.
Selling fish is a no no Im afraid but people do in the villages ;)

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT