• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

I am going to Durban

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

uvjagt

Nov 4, 2003
Hi my name is Johan and I live in Denmark, as the water is stiff right know in Denmarks We are planning a trip to durban and maybe port elizabeth.

We are comming two guys me and Ole and we have done quite a lot of spearfishing all over the world.

So if any body have some suggestions about where to go and maybe wan´t to hook up with us and go diving it would be very nice.

best regards johan

While you in Durbs give the athlone ridge a go. its about a 20 minute drive from Durban in Athlone park. I dont know if you can still park on the sea front but theres a golf course 2 minutes walk from the sea. failing that theres a road ( beach road if I remember ) in umbogintwini that leads to a path down the hill (steep and very kak to climb back up)

Toti ( inyoni) rocks on a calm day is great fun but watch out for the sparkplugs wizzing past ur head. ( locals use them as fishing weights)

the rocks around doonside are good we use to pull bugs out of there. it used to creep me out a bit as its close to the river mouth

the bluff offers many shore dive spots but watch out for the big grey things with teeth !!!! I never dived warner beach but I have heard about some good spots.

Hope this helps.

While you in Durbs give the athlone ridge a go. its about a 20 minute drive from Durban in Athlone park. I dont know if you can still park on the sea front but theres a golf course 2 minutes walk from the sea. failing that theres a road ( beach road if I remember ) in umbogintwini that leads to a path down the hill (steep and very kak to climb back up)

Toti ( inyoni) rocks on a calm day is great fun but watch out for the sparkplugs wizzing past ur head. ( locals use them as fishing weights)

the rocks around doonside are good we use to pull bugs out of there. it used to creep me out a bit as its close to the river mouth

the bluff offers many shore dive spots but watch out for the big grey things with teeth !!!! I never dived warner beach but I have heard about some good spots.

Hope this helps.

Just dont leave anything, even your towel, on the beach. It wont be there when u get back :)

Reactions: Erik
very true, and make sure you take change cause theres a car guard on every freaken road. I miss living in toti ( 22 years) but my holiday back there 2 years ago was a real eye opener. BUT my GOD!!!! the fishings good

Reactions: island_sands
very true, and make sure you take change cause theres a car guard on every freaken road. I miss living in toti ( 22 years) but my holiday back there 2 years ago was a real eye opener. BUT my GOD!!!! the fishings good

22 years in Toti????? Which school? I went to Kingsway :)

Island_Sands, the Tottie from Toti...........roflrofl

Sorry, couldn't help myself........

Umbogintwini primary and then Kingsway highschool. did you ever have mrs ungra ( spelling) as a teacher? always used to pop off to the toilet for a quick sip of dop haha aahhh the good old days

Yesssssss she was quite the alkie :)
I matriculated in 1986, you?

Spaniard, Tottie means male genitalia in "Sefrikan" english rofl

Umbogintwini primary and then Kingsway highschool. did you ever have mrs ungra ( spelling) as a teacher? always used to pop off to the toilet for a quick sip of dop haha aahhh the good old days

Yeah, Club Visions is still open.... The police tried closing it down a few times but did not succeed.

[FONT=&quot]Somethings will never change rofl

[/FONT]

have you tried the olmeca tequila pub across from the funland ( at least thats what we called it last time i was home) many a drunken night in there I just wish they would put a proper toilet in there.

I left kingway high in 93 when I went to the army in Bloem 1sai Tempe.

Hey man visions was the place when I was young, that and rivers ( river gardens hotel) many a red eye night there aswell. when they closed in the morning we would pull in to belavista for some beers and watch the sunrise in doonside,,, classic man hahahaha

Ok we willl think about that place Wilson, problem is I am a bit scared of going out with out any locals.

Last time in Cape town I got mugged on the street by to drug addicts.

So I plan to stick close to some body who knows the areas.

But why don´t we go diving and get some bugs? I sound like great fun.
I just came back from mexico where I fished some and they are quite fun making this hizzing noise when you take them out

I just arrived in durban yesterday, After a 44 hours trip due to air france made two fck 12 hour delays...

anyway, we got picked up by Jeremy from the dive factory and went to see the rob allen production. Saw the new fiber glass reel, the new slip tip, the open mussle and all their old produktion. it is nice they make the whole produktion in the same building...

today we will probably not go out due to bad weather, but tomorrow we will go.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT