• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

I`m new here!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

glassfish

Feb 20, 2005
Hello out there!

This is glassfish from Germany. I just write here to say hello to the comunity.
I was relly happy to find this place because I love spearfishing and do it several months every year in Thailand and Indonesia. But in Germany it is absolutely impossible to talk about this because you are just the very bad guy here if you kill "innocent fish".Even if I told people that I shoot only fish to eat and of aceptable size and that this is a good method of selectable hunting they always blamed me for destuction of environment .So,I`m relly gld to be here and hope to learn alot from the expats .
Thanks...glassfish :wave :wave

Reactions: naiad
Hi glassfish,

Welcome to Deeperblue!

I don't understand why people complain about spearfishing when they probably eat fish which has been caught by trawlers which damage the environment.

There are many experts on DB who have helped me a lot.

Lucia

Well,Lucia,just that`s the point!

I really tried to explain these people (until I gave it up) that I do NOT destroy the environment but that they do so themselves by eating netfishing,industrial hunted fish.

But I could not reach their minds and some of these so-called "goodmen" even copared spearfishing with child-molesting by saying to me: Yeah,yeah, we know guys like you.This year you go to Thailand to kill fish and next year you go there to buy children!

And these are exact the same people you meet in the beach restaurants eating fish with no thoughts about where it comes from.So you will surely understand,why I am relly happy about the forums here.

Thanks...glassfish

Welcome Glassfish. Around here you'll find lots of "bad people" with spearguns :)

we destroyers of the enviroment need to stick together :D

Thanks !
i
I am with you! Thanks for the answers.
And please understand that I`m not a native english speaker.But I get it!

...glassfish

Reactions: Freediver81
Sawadee Krab,
Hertslish Wilkommen,
Selamat,
Welcome to Deeper blue,

Dont mind what others think of your actions if they do not understand what your actions really are!

Said :wave

Last edited:
glassfish said:
Thanks !
i
I am with you! Thanks for the answers.
And please understand that I`m not a native english speaker.But I get it!

...glassfish

I hear you re: the Bunny Huggers here! I nearly got beaten when I said that I hunt and eat elk! "Oh, How Cruel!" they all say.... while munching happily away on the "Hirschbraten" (Elk Roast for the Non-German Speaking) that they bought from a supermarket where the thing was kept in a pen like a veal, fattened up, and slaughtered..... I personally think that my 130 grain .270 / 30-.06 in the head is a LOT more humane than the electroshock and the pistol shot in the head that they use at the slaughterhouses.....

Last edited:
bdurrett said:
I hear you re: the Bunny Huggers here! I nearly got beaten when I said that I hunt and eat elk! "Oh, How Cruel!" they all say.... while munching happily away on the "Hirschbraten" (Elk Roast for the Non-German Speaking) that they bought from a supermarket where the thing was kept in a pen like a veal, fattened up, and slaughtered..... I personally think that my 130 grain .270 / 30-.06 in the head is a LOT more humane than the electroshock and the pistol shot in the head that they use at the slaughterhouses.....

I agree with you!

I believe that as long as you are going to eat what you hunt for that is ok and of course as long as it is not an endangered species!

Said

Amphibious said:
Welcome Glassfish. Around here you'll find lots of "bad people" with spearguns :)

we destroyers of the enviroment need to stick together :D
Hi Glassfish

Wellcome to DB. As the man said ...many bad people around.

I been bad three weeks ago and been very bad last sunday, so, no room in the freezer now.

I will be good this weekend and I'll eat all the fish I can. :p

Cheers

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT