• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

identifying thin fish

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

pyromallat

May 2, 2016
I spear in lebanon inshore so i am encountering a lot of a kind a fish its rly thin and long silvery no scales has a thick vertebra and no other bones its mouth is like a long straw.... taste rly gd fried or raw with some soy sauce... but i just cant find its name online.. any help qould be gr8... i just wish i had a photo of the last one i speared

Reactions: bombadil
image.jpg
Razor Fish?

Thats the one...took a pop at one this afternoon....no joy!!

Thumbs of a polar bear...

Reactions: pyromallat
That fish

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-10-05-19-52-37.png
    Screenshot_2016-10-05-19-52-37.png
    505.2 KB · Views: 221
  • Screenshot_2016-10-05-19-52-59.png
    Screenshot_2016-10-05-19-52-59.png
    543.8 KB · Views: 222
Hard to tell but it kind of looks like a trumpet fish:
Trumpet-Fish-2.PNG

dscf3385.jpg

But as I said it's hard to tell. It certainly doesn't look like any species of garfish that I know, but I'm no expert.

Reactions: pyromallat
Hard to tell but it kind of looks like a trumpet fish:
Trumpet-Fish-2.PNG

dscf3385.jpg

But as I said it's hard to tell. It certainly doesn't look like any species of garfish that I know, but I'm no expert.
Thanks for the help rock shooter,
After long hours on the internet it took me only 5 minutes to find the type of fish thanks to your response... it turned out to be a close relative of the fish you told me about...
Its called the cornetfish
Cheers man and thanks for your help.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT