• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you don’t use it you lose it

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I have understood that for some it is very uncomfortable to get water in the ears. I don’t get it since I basically grew up under water. But as long as you feel good it’s all good! :)

Thanks! I have not dived deeper than 10.5 feet (yet) so we will see if a deeper pool presents problems for me. I wonder how long it takes for the eustachian tubes to stretch or 'adapt' to the increased pressure?

Thanks! I have not dived deeper than 10.5 feet (yet) so we will see if a deeper pool presents problems for me. I wonder how long it takes for the eustachian tubes to stretch or 'adapt' to the increased pressure?

As long as you got the basics down and know how to equalise properly, you will likely not have any problems equalising down to below 25-30m (90ft) where the air in your lungs are so compressed you don’t have any to use for equalisation. But I guess that’s gonna take a while. :)

As long as you got the basics down and know how to equalise properly, you will likely not have any problems equalising down to below 25-30m (90ft) where the air in your lungs are so compressed you don’t have any to use for equalisation. But I guess that’s gonna take a while. :)

:) Thanks for the great advice and friendly conversation. I will shoot for 15-20 feet at first and see how i feel. I have yet to take a course or find a buddy nearby me. I live in the NorthEast U.S. so it's hard to find someone like me!

I stopped practicing CO2 2 months before last summer dives.
I used to do 4min statics and after a whole year of no CO2 table, i'm back to 2min static >_>
The reason i stopped last year, was because i was afraid of reaching my limit when i go diving in the sea, i thought CO2 tolerance was pushing me dangerously to hypoxia state, and for a good reason, 2 times in DYN/DNF training, i had LMC and when time i almost BO.
So stopping for 2 months made it so that my urge to breath got triggered just 30sec after diving, (while i could go for 1min in DNF without feeling anything)
a year later, and now my STA is back to 2min, and it's like i'm starting from scratch (i stopped going to the pool when it started getting cold)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT