• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

I'm on TV tomorrow!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Yeh! Nice one Sam. I hadn't realised that you where going to be on t' box, so was well impressed when you appeared.

Thanks, Sam.

Emily wants to know if the BBC compensated you for your fin and your time as you are the first person she has met who has been on TV in a capacity like this.

Way to go Sam - only just managed to see the clip (note to self -better stuff on telly now )

How about trying Dr A on a how deep can you do with a broken monofin :rcard ! That'll learn her.

yeah, they paid for a new fin but no I didn't ask for a fee for doing it.... I probably should have, I've done other stuff for the BBC and they usually pay if you ask for it!

Reactions: foxfish
Thanks. Glad they coughed up for the fin - that means that as a licence payer I have paid for your freediving!

Perhaps it's not too late to ask!

Very cool Sam,

I loved the bit where you are glancing at each other just before the dive.....

Tim

boys boys.... I had to watch to see when she was gonna set off... there was no top time counter and we had to leave at the same time....

off to Sharm on Thursday for work for a week....see you in the icy lake when I get back.

S

There's an unfounded rumour around that Doctor Who might bring back the Sea Devils. Freedivers might be useful in those roles, so maybe the BBC will call you again someday? :)

That's a male one though. The females (which they've never shown yet) could be much more attractive. :)

(seriously for a moment, no offense was intended)

Cool,

but..I know we don't look pretty whilst heaving ourselves back onto the dive platform, blue from the tropical chapstow ice, but do we fit the definition below???
''A [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Devil"]Sea Devil[/ame], a [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reptilian_humanoid"]reptilian humanoid[/ame] from [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who"]Doctor Who[/ame]''
Ok...don't answer that one! :t

yeah, they paid for a new fin but no I didn't ask for a fee for doing it.... I probably should have, I've done other stuff for the BBC and they usually pay if you ask for it!

You wur lucky! Last Feb, Sam Still and myself froze our butts off in Milton Keynes doing a piece for Chris Crudelli and his Kick Ass miracles ( BBC3 ). Five mins on the silver screen, but it took 4 hours to film. They nearly forgot to pay us, and when they did, I nearly fell over with the generosity. Ten quid. Between the two of us....

10 quid? You were lucky....

In my day they would give you lump of coal for lunch, or a mouthful of gravel (if you were lucky), and make us work down the mill for tupence every four years.....

But you tell that to the young people of today......

Reactions: samdive
10 quid? You were lucky....

In my day they would give you lump of coal for lunch, or a mouthful of gravel (if you were lucky), and make us work down the mill for tupence every four years.....

But you tell that to the young people of today......

In my day I had to get up before I went to bed rofl rofl

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT