• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Imersion guns

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

IB Boyd

Oct 18, 2003
Was just browsing through the DB store and came across the imersion guns listed there. this one in particular grabbed my eye.
http://www.scubastore.com/shop.asp?id_familia=6&id_subfamilia=22 anyone tried an imersion gun out? How is the quality? Is the reel any good? I dont really need another speargun, thought one of these might be fun to plug smaller inshore fish on shore dives this winter.

We have imersion guns here in France.

they are quite simple, reliable and quite nice too.

Which model are you interested in? I do have the factory 120km from home...

The reel is not quite good but enought if you shoot a medium fishes (3-4 kg), well, it depends, dentex will broke your reel in second...
I consider this reel as a line reserv, that's all

The quality is reallu ood (to my opinion) i do love the Triaxx one (I have one and I've been in the confidence in the deisgn part as my friend is the creator of the gun), the T4 system is interesting as you can screw 4 rubbers, the concept handle is awesome as you can fit it exactly to your hand and the release mecanism is smooth

Hope this help,

If you need picts or info, feel free to ask

Reactions: Alison
Ive had an Imersion concept pro for about 5 years now and I love it to bits, its easy to push about in the water and hits what I aim at (which is the whole point of spearfishing) The ajustable handle is a huge help for me, as well as the adjustable shaft guide, really cool so you can adjust the shot to suit your aim; so much so, I can hit all I get an aim at. I didnt like the reel either, I took mine off and just rely on the shooting line now. What I have done to improve the gun ( from my point of view) is change the 18mm bands for 16mm bands and this season switched to dyneema wishbones (a big, even audible improvement)
I have difficulty comparing my gun with others because of an old injury but my partner thinks the Imersion is more accurate than his Omer excalibur and better made. Thats up to you to decide, I think you wont go far wrong with an Imersion/Escalpez. I would love to try the Triax gun, it looks like a gun of the future to me but the concept pro is a fine euro gun by any standards

Thanks for the feedback guys. Do you know if there is a difference between the t-4 and the concept pro beside thickness of bands? I was also kind of curious about the initiantion gun. It dosent have a reel, but it sounds like the reel is only average, so that might not make a difference. I just clicked the link I posted up there and saw that it goes to the gun section in the store. scroll down a bit to find the imersion guns.I might have to order one when honeywife isnt looking.
Good Hunting,
Boyd

i want to order the T4 150 cm now!!!

can i change the 16mm bands to maybe 18mm bands and how is the range?????
i mean is it one of the most powerfull ones or a weak gun
because i want to have a REALLY ....... powerfull one,because so the most problems are solved (you kill 60cm fish form far range)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT