• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

In the News...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Do you know the outcome of the lifegaurd and girlfriend that went missing in cornwall. It was thought that they had entered a cave.

I watched the search n rescure on the news but never did learn of the outcome.

Do you know the outcome of the lifegaurd and girlfriend that went missing in cornwall. It was thought that they had entered a cave.

I watched the search n rescure on the news but never did learn of the outcome.

They got out apparently, read it in the paper. He ended up swimming out the cave to get help as she was getting really cold. It wasnt his girlfriend that he was in the cave with and apparently his good lady is not too happy as they took their wetsuits off to share heat and keep warm! Good excuse though!

Unbelievable that sensible people would do something like tombstoning. I thought it was normally done be teenagers who may not be aware of how dangerous it is, but middle-aged men with families? :head

As for the deep-fried live fish, it seems that cruelty to animals knows no bounds. :vangry :waterwork

I didn't realise it was called tombstoning but it was popular in the US. Saw some youngsters doing it into a pool in a cold mountain stream from a bridge in Boulder Canyon, Colorado, near some roadside climbs. It's also on TV there from time to time. Also saw youngsters in the UK doing it at Easter, this year from the nearest sea stack at Landram Bay, E. Devon (I'd prefer them not to - as no doubt I would have had to fish them out if something went wrong).

'Sausages And Burgers Could Cause Cancer' |Sky News|Home

They've been trying to re-float the Napoli at Branscombe, E. Devon this week:

Attempt To Float Stricken Tanker Napoli |Sky News|UK News

Napoli Cargo Appears On EBay |Sky News|Home

Heard the 2 got rescued from the cave, didn't hear about sharing body heat, seems strange to take your wetsuit off to increase warmth...then again...

Last edited:
You heard it on DeeperBlue first - "Gordon's an effing fake"

Just heard this on Radio 4. Broke in the Sunday Times today (better late than never?!).

Gordon’s TV fish catch was an effing fake - Times Online

(Forum members suspected this earlier on...and got a suspicious refusal to admit or deny from those involved).

Actually, a couple of names in the article look awfully familiar...

Last edited:
Re: You heard it on DeeperBlue first - "Gordon's an effing fake"

i saw that this morning in the Sunday Times (we have delivered in Dubai now!) rofl i had to laugh... i can just imagine Gordon Ramsay saying "you should see the one that got away..."

What I don't understand is how that is possible without swallowing loads of water? :blackeye

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…