• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

In the News...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
What would this group be known as? Perhaps Artiz's Recreational Spearfishing Euro Sceptics?
The acronym seems appropriate :)

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
Like intelligence... humour also doesn't become you...

Reactions: grantl
Artiz, you may have some valid points, but, given your superb psychological analysis and opinion of me as an insane hyena, I feel I should return the favour. So if you don’t mind, here is my opinion (which is far from professional I admit, but while it lasts on here……) you are a sanctimonious, soapboxing, self righteous, self promoting and self absorbed pr!ck!

Apologies if I'm wrong but that’s what I think, and that ladies and gents, is the last I have to say.

Ta’ra

Reactions: little sarge
What he said.
But have no fear people. I've found the cure to ARSES in the form of the ignore button. Didn't know it existed until another spearo told me about it today. Goodbye Artiz I'll miss your well meaning but completely misdirected sermons, lectures and spouting.

Artiz, you may have some valid points, but, given your superb psychological analysis and opinion of me as an insane hyena, I feel I should return the favour. So if you don’t mind, here is my opinion (which is far from professional I admit, but while it lasts on here……) you are a sanctimonious, soapboxing, self righteous, self promoting and self absorbed pr!ck!

Apologies if I'm wrong but that’s what I think, and that ladies and gents, is the last I have to say.

Ta’ra
What he said.
But have no fear people. I've found the cure to ARSES in the form of the ignore button. Didn't know it existed until another spearo told me about it today. Goodbye Artiz I'll miss your well meaning but completely misdirected sermons, lectures and spouting.

Shenzi, Benzai and Ed... :ROFLMAO:

347657_1261847861000_full.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What rights?... the only national (official) representation we have (the BSA) is worse than poor or bad. They still represent an archaic, indefensible and shameless 'killing for sport' stance which will undoubtably ruin us all.
Presumptious yes... but speaking for the vast majority... what we do is noble, highly selective and even environmentally friendly when carried out with ethical consideration... better still, as even a small minority group, we could actually be invaluable custodians of our coastline... but no... better to keep it quite and underground... or worse still... just accept the inevitable and fade away. I've been spearfishing for 40 years and I'm about to lose just about the best part of my life cos 30-40 idiots continue to compete with each other in a very small region of the United Kingdom and call themselves a National association... disgraceful, selfish and unbelievably stupid... angry doesn't even come near to describing my personal feelings?

'ANY' non-competitive representation now would be avidly supported by me?

I wasnt going to reply to this but as i feel im being called ' an idiot, selfish, stupid etc i feel some points need to be made

• Bass caught in competitions last year = less than 15 (in 3 competitions)
  • How many Bass would have been caught out of competitions on those days from spearos?
  • Are fish caught outside comps recorded? (Fisheries issues are around recreational it seems at the moment, as these catches are not recorded)
PS. Cheer the F up its friday!

I wasnt going to reply to this but as i feel im being called ' an idiot, selfish, stupid etc i feel some points need to be made

• Bass caught in competitions last year = less than 15 (in 3 competitions)
  • How many Bass would have been caught out of competitions on those days from spearos?
  • Are fish caught outside comps recorded? (Fisheries issues are around recreational it seems at the moment, as these catches are not recorded)
PS. Cheer the F up its friday!

Like all the other enlightened and frustrated spearo’s who have gone before me on this spearfishing forum I will eventually give up and go away. Being the lone antagonist of crass and unethical spearfishing practice is now beginning to ‘wear thin’. So fear not you won’t have to put up with me too much longer. I can only take so much abuse from bottom feeders and unethical, uncaring, unintelligent, selfish morons. Having had heated discussions with the BSA and you personally kkdavids I am extremely disappointed that you (BSA) blokes with the representation, responsibilities and leadership you have installed upon yourselves have still not recognised the ‘writing on the wall’. Only 1 Bass today... no fishing tommorow. We live in a world of human exploitation which is only matched by human desperation. Ideology and attitude ‘change’ is possible, essential and now more than ever required!

Individuals have been spearfishing for sustenance for themselves and their dependents from the dawn of time and by 2020 indiscriminate, self-obsessed, blanket marine conservation/science/legislation will bring it to an end in the UK. We… you, I, Foxfish, Mr X, the BSA chairman... and fisheries officer (maybe not), Shenzi, Benzai and Ed etc. are duty bound to bring about change which may instigate a future where taking sea life on an insignificant, individual basis is also ethically, environmentally assistive and progressively acceptable. A positive marine custodial role in the conservation and wellbeing of our unique islands coastal flora and fauna… a monitoring/research type role we are all more than equipped to take on!

Blowing smoke up each others ars** will not crack it?

“To live without regrets is impossible. To regret not trying is the worst regret of all.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, no more insults please. This thread was intended for spearfishing related stories in the news. Not playground squabbling, name calling, holier-than-though preaching, cyber-bullying, bickering, rubbing folk up the wrong way, etc. We have had numerous complaints from forum members saying that they are sick of it. So cut it out.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT