• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

In the News...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
What I don't understand is how that is possible without swallowing loads of water? :blackeye

Presuming there's no air/gas in the stomach (from food digesting),
the larynx-lungs valve is closed during apnea drinking and sword swallowing...
the pharynx-esophagous-stomach valve is open (allowing both water and sword), but little water will enter (because no air displacement, unlike the lungs).

I'd think not more than a few tablespoons of water would enter the stomach. (Though that's just a guess)

Swallowing is dependent on the tongue muscles pushing food/water/sword down.

rofl As if there isn't enough to worry about! Better change the kayak colour & spray with "Bat anti-shark repellant". We've already seen white with a red tip is bad (like a giant red-head lure!), sounds like red is bad too, yummy yellow not good....hmm. Blue/Black/brown, silver & chartreuse (yellow-green) probably not good - classic lure colours. [Thought: Do sharks like Marmite?]

Last edited:
Bum! I hope they put that feed on the HMS Scylla on the net, that would be awesome to see, all sorts of idiot divers with "Hello mum" cards rofl or even worse, can you imagine that on a big screen in a city centre rofl The mind boggles

Timber!

BBC News Player - Piles of timber cover beaches

Salvage! Pity, I was thinking of making a Pergola - all those 2x4" & 2x6" would be just the job (any 4x4 or 8x8?). Could build quite a few timber frame houses & sheds too. Wonder if the salt water would help preserve it?
Classic Pergola: Getting Started | Landscaping | Reader's Digest

I reckon they ship's owners should be paying a gizillion instances of littering fines, just a starter. Plus damages to Worthing business owners (not much point fishing there at the moment). Environmental impact (did it reach the Bognor reefs)?

Last edited:
Interesting link. That area seemed fished out when I last visited (Spaniard would probably disagree) - it was a bit early in the year though. In theory, that's good news for spearos, divers and anglers, although I feel uneasy whenever DEFRA stick their oar in.

Saw this last week - huge halibut (almost the size of Giant Haystacks - gee pity we don't have image links on this thread, hint, hint):
Huge halibut hooked in Norway - Telegraph

Fisherman nets one heck of a halibut - record-breaker weighs in at 30 stone | Mail Online

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…