• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

In the News...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hmm - unfortunately for us he is such an annoying presenter - far too much time spent on his problems with socks and mask - not enough under the water IMHO. I think the champ spearo he was with looked like he had had enough aswell

Reactions: Mr. X
Extreme Fishing with Robson Green

Hmm - unfortunately for us he is such an annoying presenter - far too much time spent on his problems with socks and mask - not enough under the water IMHO. I think the champ spearo he was with looked like he had had enough aswell
I have to agree. Just watched a couple of episodes, on & off. I quite like Robson Green as an actor but he seems a surprisingly poor choice for the presenter for an Extreme Fishing program. I think they need somebody a lot more manly/brave/bold (Pierre Marco White?). He looked terrified all of the time, on both programs, whined constantly, rarely touched the fish he caught, let alone disgorge the hook. He gave up as quickly as possible on most all occasions - he must have annoyed the heck out of the host fishermen & anglers. He didn't seem to enjoy any of it and seemed to lack even basic skills, fitness & strength for such a program -- it was embarrassing to watch and to think that this guy is representing Britain abroad. What a wasted opportunity, what a wuss.

These ultra-high cost angling programs (Extreme Fishing & Accidental Angler) are fairly entertaining but I think some simple low cost, expert-led programs like the old Jack Hagreaves, Out of Town, Mike Ladle, etc. programs would be more interesting and useful. River Cottage Gone Fishing was good but even that seemed like high-level skimming for the masses. I think the emphasis on fish as natural, organic, free-range food, rather than just sport, is important too. It seems like a bad idea to encourage the masses to travel to the far corners of the world just to go fishing, often catch & release. I'd like to see more programs set in the UK, Ireland & Channel Islands, with local experts sharing their knowledge. ideas, techniques & wisdom. It might be a welcome "a shot in the arm" for the British/Irish fishing guides & businesses too.

Last edited:
can you remember short run of programs called Reel Wars. It was based around two anglers. 1 sea background the other course. Each show started with them being able to choose from luxury items. This could be tent, camp cooker, sleeping bag, extra tackle etc.

They then fished and ate there catch, getting points for the fish they caught.

It was very entertaining. Shame they didn't follow it up with more shows.

The comments were sometimes very funny as they both turned there experience to the other discipline of fishing and got piss*d off when they blanked.

Pav, the dark haired one went on to make a sort of Huge fernley whittingstall type thing, in whales I think? Anyhow despite the hype is wasn't any good!
You can still find Reel wars showing on sky every now & then.

Jim we gota find one of those, how cool would that be to bump into a spaced out bouncing multi coloured fish! roflroflrofl

Even though Robson Green's a bit of a tit theres a new series of extreme fishing starting tonight on 5 at 9pm. Don't think they'll be putting him in the water again but but could still be worth a shufty.

Such a shame - cause the content is really interesting but it is spoilt by the presenter being such a plonker.

Reactions: Mr. X
Such a shame like the concept of the programme but like others here find that Robson Green really gets on my nerves.

Kev

Last edited:
On the subject of that Cod, You notice how it mentioned it was like 24lb, yet you can tell from the picture that it is like 7lb? seems like a made up story if you ask me....

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…