• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

In the News...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Omg... Imagine if that happened to a freediver holding his breath.

Not that it's less painful for a scuba. Luckily he made it

Best regards Youbuur
--------------------------------------------
Check out my freediving channel on youtube. Tutorials on freediving and gear reviews

http://www.youtube.com/user/freediveryoubuur

What a stupid idea! They are going to limit d'anglers but let massive commercial fishing boats carry on vacuuming & scraping the sea bed clean of fish by the ton. Such as the pair trawlers stupidly (but profitably) hitting the bass breeding grounds. History has shown repeatedly that commercial fisherman will only stop when they have exhausted the stock on which their livelihoods depend (e.g. herring, pilchard/sardines, anchovies, tuna,...). Then we'll be expected to feel sorry for them and compensate them. I'm beginning to see the light...Foxfish & co. where there years ago.

Reactions: foxfish

... and why we need official, national, ethical associations to represent us at the highest/EU levels... this was the legislation I've been banging on about for the last few years... but heyho that sand looks much nicer for burying my head in?... besides much easier just to shoot the messenger wasn't it grantl!

Attachments

• sn00745.pdf
    314.9 KB · Views: 211
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no, here we go again Artiz. Sorry but other than saying to you you should go and re read your own drivel if you still don't understand why so many people 'shot the messenger' as you say. You might even notice that a lot of the people, like me, that you launched your vitriolic spouting at seldom post on DB now.
Just a coincidence I guess?

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Reactions: little sarge
Clearly doesn't need too much intelligence to spearfish but even when faced with EU legislation found and posted by yourself in one of your 'seldom' forays onto DB you still can't grasp the point... even at 7.30 in the morning... and there was me thinking it was only Rag and Lug worms that lived permanently under the sand?

Anyway... how about some positive news which undermines that totally unfounded Bass in 'massive decline' claim based on political/financial gain for EU marine science research grants and jobs... Mackerel in vast numbers have been making an appearance again after many years of being commercially overfished... this and last year have been bumper years... and where there are mackerel there are always Bass... common knowledge rather than dodgy, subjective research. They've been spotted feeding/driving all around the UK this year and last... and so have the Bass...

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co....ls_feeding_off_Dorset__due_to_winter_storms_/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-28983591

Keep it respectful guys. More mackerel is good news all round. Mackerel quotas were raised a year or so ago, so perhaps not surprising that there have been bumper catches; I see that as bad news rather than good though.

Reactions: Stephan Whelan
Keep it respectful guys. More mackerel is good news all round. Mackerel quotas were raised a year or so ago, so perhaps not surprising that there have been bumper catches; I see that as bad news rather than good though.
All in good jest Mr X... I meant bumper stocks rather than catch. A couple of years ago it was Iceland and the Faroes who increased their commercial Mackerel quotas and have now been forced to once again reduce their quotas by the EU, (UK, Norway etc). A bit confusing but it looks as if mackerel is not quite as popular as it was a few years ago. I've certainly noticed a lot more juvenile Bass schoaling this year... perhaps others have noticed too?
Conservation of the sea is clearly important for everyone but it's the pursuit of EU marine and fisheries funding (Horizon 2020 programme (2014-2020))... 80 Billion euros in total which is the real prize... and even marine charities are more than happy to throw any old scapegoat on the fire of future funding... let alone our future Labour Government!

One thing is for sure... any representation for spearfishing at any level in the UK would be better than what we have now?

... let alone our future Labour Government!
A thought too awful to bear. But yes, could happen, as UKIP will likely split the Tory vote. Better start getting used to a vegan diet .

..One thing is for sure... any representation for spearfishing at any level in the UK would be better than what we have now?
Would not agree with "any representation" - I think we see examples of poor & bad representation too often already - but we need to defend the few rights we have left.

Reactions: artiz
Would not agree with "any representation" - I think we see examples of poor & bad representation too often already - but we need to defend the few rights we have left.

What rights?... the only national (official) representation we have (the BSA) is worse than poor or bad. They still represent an archaic, indefensible and shameless 'killing for sport' stance which will undoubtably ruin us all.
Presumptious yes... but speaking for the vast majority... what we do is noble, highly selective and even environmentally friendly when carried out with ethical consideration... better still, as even a small minority group, we could actually be invaluable custodians of our coastline... but no... better to keep it quite and underground... or worse still... just accept the inevitable and fade away. I've been spearfishing for 40 years and I'm about to lose just about the best part of my life cos 30-40 idiots continue to compete with each other in a very small region of the United Kingdom and call themselves a National association... disgraceful, selfish and unbelievably stupid... angry doesn't even come near to describing my personal feelings?

'ANY' non-competitive representation now would be avidly supported by me?

What would this group be known as? Perhaps Artiz's Recreational Spearfishing Euro Sceptics?
The acronym seems appropriate

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…