• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

indonesia

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

matt5

May 6, 2005
hello there ,
anyone know good places for diving in indonesia without strong currents that seem to be in most places?. im looking for a place to spend a couple of weeks training with a friend ,a beginner. preferably with walls ....not asking much, i know . anyone interested in joining us is welcome ..probably from mid sept to mid oct ....any and all suggestions welcome ...

Bunaken island in the north of Sulawesi (near Manado) should be the place to go. Simply perfect!

But sometimes there will be some currents on some sites. But you will always find a plce without currents.

I would like to go to Indonesia for a spearing trip. Is December generally a good time to go? Where is it best to go with a guided trip? how much would it cost with accomodations, etc? Is it better to go on a live-on boat trip or resort? what's the difference in, price, oppurtunities, fun, etc?

Hi Matt. Great time to be in Indonesia. Your best chance for slack tides are the mid moon phases. Even around Bali you can find some days and spots that do not have currents that strong.... I run some spearfishing trips with Andre out of Bali. Feel free to contact me if you like... Adventure Indo, fishing, spear fishing, surfing, and trekking adventures.

Cheers,

Cyrus
Cyrus, I've been in Bali for about a year now still searching for spearos and freedivers...where the hell are they? I know Andre too...his guns are famous all over Indonesia...but i've never seen him shoot! In December I took a month long trip to Sulawesi, Ambon and Bandas spearing everyday...amazing variety of fish. I've mentioned to Andre several times to contact me for the next spearing trip, but the guy must be so busy. but maybe you're free sometime to go for a dive. I live in Kuta kirim sms! 08993194924

hello there ,
anyone know good places for diving in indonesia without strong currents that seem to be in most places?. im looking for a place to spend a couple of weeks training with a friend ,a beginner. preferably with walls ....not asking much, i know . anyone interested in joining us is welcome ..probably from mid sept to mid oct ....any and all suggestions welcome ...
I'm living in Bali always looking for spearos...if you're back here again gimme a shout!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT