• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Info about Devon

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

rumat

Oct 18, 2005
Hi,
Hello everybody. This is my first post to this forum.

I am most interested in spearfishing in UK. In particular, I am looking for information about spearfishing in Devon. I plan to go there next week for 2 weeks.

If any one has got experience in caching fish in this season, please let me know some details about recommended materials (e.g speargun 90cm or above, wetsuit thickness...).

Thanks in advance for any details that can help me catching the bass!

I come from France and hunt in Antibes in the french riviera. If anyone needs some info I can contribute to answer.

Another reason why I join this forum, is to exchange some ideas and experiences about bass hunting.

Bye

Rumat the quiet octopus.

Hiya rumat :)
Well this is the place to be :) Have you been intouch with the BSA? they have a club run by Dave O Callaghan from Exeter, a member here, sorry I forget his email bur take a look at www.underwaterfishing.co.uk for contact details :)

Hi Alison,

Thanks for the contact. I sent a mail and am waiting for a reply from Exeter club member.

I will post the info later on.

Hi

I'm looking for places to dive around Exeter and (snorkeling) divers to go with me as I don't know too many places and what the currents are like. I've been to Dawlish, Budleigh and Ladram Beach lately. Seen a few wrasse and spider crabs. I'm looking for scallops and flat fish. Hope someone can help me.
Cheers,
Killien

Hi Rumat & Killien, welcom to DB.
You both have interesting signatures :)
Try the search button, there is a south Devon thread.
b lucky Mart,

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT