• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

info about omer alu

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

uvjagt

Nov 4, 2003
I have an omer aluminium that i have broke the handle on, I have had major problems with oxidicing and would like to change the handle with one of plastik. I saw on their website that you could fit a excalibur mussle on it wich I intend to but wath about the handle. A new alu handle is very expensive and also I will get the same problems with the oxidicing can I fit the excalibr handle on it asswell?
Best regards johan denmark

mate, I think Mark from Omer USA will have the correct answers to your query but oxidizing a very common problem in the old series of aluminum. I do not read any posts regarding this problem, in the new generation of this gun.

well I still want to transform it to a excalibur beacuse I have now bought 90 and 110 in excalibur carbon and the alu is 100 transform that to a excalibur and I would have a line of equally shooting guns
If anyone just know the outer diameter of the alu stock I can see on the omer page if it will fit

uvjagt said:
I have an omer aluminium that i have broke the handle on, I have had major problems with oxidicing and would like to change the handle with one of plastik. I saw on their website that you could fit a excalibur mussle on it wich I intend to but wath about the handle. A new alu handle is very expensive and also I will get the same problems with the oxidicing can I fit the excalibr handle on it asswell?
Best regards johan denmark

Hi Johan,

Sorry to hear that. You're not the first if you owned an Alluminum (alluminum handle/carbon barrel/alluminum muzzle) from the first year they were made. You shouldn't have to buy a new one, send an e-mail to infotech@omersub.com with a digital picture of the handle and they will likely replace it free of charge. Don't go through your dealer, hyst contact them direct through that address I gave you and they'll take care of it for you I'm sure. If you don't hear from them in a couple days e-mail me and I'll
try to help.

If you're curious, the problem stems from a weird oversight on Omer's part. Since aluminum handles and muzzles are anodized they should not cause any corrosion with the carbon fiber barrel right. Well in production after the muzzles and handles came back from anodization for assembly to the barrels they drilled holes to connect the SS pins for the handle and muzzle to the barrel. The holes for the pins that were drilled were obviouly not anodized and exposed raw aluminum which caused the process to start. This is why starting last year they use different pins and insert a rubber sleeve between the handles and muzzles in these guns. I liked the feel of the aluminum handle better personally as it is slightly bigger in respect to the Excalibur but suit yourself if you like the less expensive Excalibur handle better.

Clear waters, Mark

thank you very much, Stands by your products and get more costumers :)

I send a mail

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT