• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Intova IC-800

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Erdi

Sep 4, 2008
Hey there, I made a thread last year asking if anyone had any experience with the Intova IC-800:
http://forums.deeperblue.com/freediving-equipment/83544-any-experience-intova-ic800.html

I didn't recieve any replies so I assume nobody on these forums had used it before.
Anyway, it was the only camera and housing package I could find for such a low price so I went ahead and bought it anyway and used it while spearfishing last summer on the North Coast of Cyprus. (July / August 2009)

It's a good beginner camera, atleast from my experience.
If you're an amateur like me when it comes to diving / spearfishing and just want a basic camera with housing then I'd recommend this one. I'm not sure if any others have been introduced recently or not but the Intova IC-800 is a decent purchase for the unexperienced !

A few very basic pictures which were taken using this camera:

The quality isn't that great, nothing like some of the underwater pictures you may come across while browsing over these forums. But they're decent and good enough to show the family and keep as memories.

The video feature is also pretty decent and has good quality.

I hope it may be of some help to another amateur looking for a cheap camera and housing package !!

If you have any questions about the camera just let me know.
If you want to see what the video quality looks like you can always search 'Intova IC-800' on Youtube and you'll see some videos there which have been recorded using this camera.

=)

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT