• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Introducing MAKO Spearguns

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Mar 22, 2009
Dear Spearo,

We are pleased to announce the opening of www.MakoSpearguns.com.

Mako Railguns are not new to the spearfishing community. They were designed and developed by engineering legend, Mr. Daniel Hu.

Mr. Daniel Hu then issued a license to a company in South Africa (Rabitech) to sell these railguns in South Africa, Australia and New Zeland.

Mr. Daniel Hu then issued a license to us, MAKO Spearguns, to sell these same high quality railguns in the USA.

The only modifications done to the guns were the Rabitech and MAKO logos added to the grips.

These high quality railguns continue to be produced, for both Rabitech and Mako Spearguns, by Mr. Daniel Hu at his same factory that has made these guns since their entry into the market.

With the addition of MAKO Spearguns offering these high quality railguns in the USA, the production cost of these high quality railguns has been reduced, thus resulting in a mutually beneficial relationship between MAKO Spearguns, Rabitech and manufacturer/designer, Mr. Daniel Hu and of course, you the spearo.

Our ability to offer this line of high quality railguns became the foundation from which to build from. We also offer all types of quality hunting gear such as camouflage wetsuits which are manufactured by the same factory that produces high quality wetsuits and accessories for many nationally and internationally known companies.

We also offer a complete line of floats, floatlines and dive gear, thus making Mako Spearguns your one stop shop for all your hunting needs at very affordable prices.

We recently exhibited at the Blue Wild Expo hosted by Sheri Day where we were so fortunate to be surrounded by hundreds of people bound together by a common thread, Spearfishing. It was so exciting for us to be face to face with our customer base. Just think about it for a moment from our perspective. Our customers jump into the ocean equipped only with a speargun in pursuit of food while avoiding such risks as shallow water blackout, dangerous currents, potential for entanglement, and yes, shark attacks. And, like us, they do this for fun! How cool is that?

We know you have many choices when it comes to purchasing quality spearguns and related spearfishing gear. It is our goal to become your number one choice. To achieve this, we have adopted a simple yet effective philosophy. Provide high quality goods at very competitive prices while establishing and maintaining customer loyalty through unmatched customer service and support.

Please take some time to review our site. As a new company, we are very much open to comments and suggestions. We value the opinions of each and every spearo, regardless of their level of experience. For us to grow, we must rely heavily on input from our customers.

Again, I wish to thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

If you have any questions, please let me know, and please feel free to visit our site at www.MakoSpearguns.com .

P.S. We can ship outside the USA. However, as we respect the licensing agreement between Rabitech, Mr. Daniel Hu and MAKO Spearguns, we do not ship guns or gun parts to South Africa, Australia or NZ.

Dive Safe,

Dano

Thanks for registering, Dano.
There has already been a discussion about your products, and it's a good thing to have you here at Deeperblue.com for eventual questions and contacts: there's a bunch of your customers among our forum members, and your presence can surely be a positive asset for our community.
I've got to tell you that this introduction of yours will be probably moved to the "goods for sale" section of the forum, according to our advertising rules.
But you are welcome here, and please pop in anytime you want to respond questions and feedback demands, or to chat with us about our common passion. :)

Dear Spagetti,
Thank you very much for your kind reply. I am new to the forum business and I certainly don't want to break any rules. I recognize the importance of Deeper Blue as it relates to my business so if you have any suggestions or marketing campaigns that may be of assistance to me, please let me know. Additionally, if there is anyway I can assist or support DeeperBlue.com, please let me know. I very much look forward to building a long lasting relationship with you.
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
dano

Hi, I'm moving this to the Goods for Sale section as it is a more appropiate forum area. As Spaghetti said, welcome to DeeperBlue and we do look forward to hearing from you in depth, (pun intended!). :D

It's good to see new brands & products launched on the forum. Also thanks for explaining how this new brand, Mako, relates to Rabitech - because we noticed the similarity and wondered.

Last edited:
hey and welcome, if you post your goddies here you must expect to answer questions on them, right? ;)

Regarding: MAKO Spearguns - Horizontal Aluminum Reel w/ Barrel Attachment this reel with stainless bracket for rail guns (integral spear guide guns): what diameters of tube will it fit from and to? (for example: fits 25 to 30mm diameter tubes?)

There are so many generic reels around but hardly any allow a firm fit to railguns. This could be a winner?

Thanks!

Hey Azapa,
Thank you for your interest in our products. Regarding the ss barrel attachment for our horizontal reels, it fits both 28mm and 30mm barrels. It might fit a 25mm barrel, but since we do not offer a barrel in that size, I have yet to test it. I have an old euro gun that I think has a 25cm barrel. I will run home and get it and report back to you. I only have these reels in fiberglass right now. I will post the notice (coming soon) on the website about the aluminum reels. If you have any additional question, please let me know.
In closing, I want to thank you, Azapa, and all the guys on Deeper Blue for such a warm welcome.

dano

Hey Jimy286.
I made a change to the design of the closed muzzles so they can accept low profile sharkfin or pinned tabs. I made the bridge on the muzzle a bit higher and I tightened up the sides to keep the shaft from sliding off the rail.
Thanks for asking.
dano

Hey Azapa,
My ss barrel attachment will not work on a 25mm barrel. There is too much play. It is fine for 28-30. Sorry!

dano

Thanks Dano: there is a real (sorry) market opportunity for you there. Make a universal stainless mount for those reels for different makers rail guns. In my case I use the omer cayman, aluminium, which I think is 27mm.

Welcome, hopefully a good thing for you and us here. The guns look great, and the ethics posted on your site are an awesome touch!

Hello mako1 , I too like your spearfishermen's oath and ethics . It's nice to see set out in black and white ( well blue and white in this case ) what many of us here feel to be the essence of spearfishing .

As a website feedback type thingy , this kind of stuff makes me much more likely to read your site and maybe buy things .
( Although shiny pic's of shiny gear do that too . ) :t

Hey Devondave,
Thanks for the comments. I actually had to make some changes to the "spearfishermans oath" page. When I first wrote it, it was too harsh so I had to change it so I would not anger certain individuals. As you know, there are some crazy people in this world and nothing you say or do will change that.
dive safe,
dano

roflThought it was remarkably restrained while managing to get the point across, humourously. Full marks for not bringing spearing into disrepute.;)

Hey Azapa,
My ss barrel attachment will not work on a 25mm barrel. There is too much play. It is fine for 28-30. Sorry!
Wonder if those shims you can get for bike handlebars would be any help - normal diameter is a bit lower.

Last edited:
I use a piece of soft rubber or silicon sheet when strapping my camera to my aluminum barrel. The adapters with different thickness rubber inserts for bicycle handlebar lights, computers, etc. may be similar to work to hold a reel adapter snugly.

Reactions: spaghetti
Welcome aboard Dano,

It was a pleasure doing business with you. I have yet to test the reel(hopefully this weekend),the bag it's high quality with plenty of room for all your gear,not to mention the very affordable price.Thanks a lot and good luck.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT