• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Is crackling fins noise normal or its broken?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Alfonso

May 20, 2018
Hey there!

I hope im posting on the right section, if not, please remove the post or move it if not too much to ask!

Anyway, I just bought a pair of Bleutec Impulse carbon fins. Tr50 in Medium Stiffness.
The issue I have is that the fins makes a crackling noise when im weaving around, It came like that out of the shipping box

so my question is, if the fins are good to use it or its damage someway? just want to be sure before use it in open water and get some risk when freediving/spearfishing.

Ive already send an email to them but no reply yet.. so customer service isnt good at all.

Hope someone help me with this.

Thanks,
Alfonso

I have heard of fins making noise before but in my opinion they should not be making any noise at all.

Except the potential danger of something happening to your fin at depth, it is far from good to be making noise in a spearfishing situation.

Do you have audio snippet or a vid to show the noise?

Hey SubSub!

Thanks for your reply! I appreciate it.

I am at work at this moment so i dont have a video of my own fins but i do have a link to a youtube video from a guy that happened to him before, as matter of fact, you have seen it becuase he post it in this forum months ago.
My fins do exactly that noise but worse and not only 1 but the 2.

Here is the link of the youtube video so you can have an idea.

I hope the fins are good to use or it need to be replace it?

Thanks

Have you tried them in the water yet? Might be a good thing to do so you know if they behave the same in action so to say.
If they'd sound the same in the wet, I would for sure send them back to get them replaced! It is not a cheap product, and it is supposed to be high-end, so that is what you should expect. Anything less than perfect is a good cause for getting a replacement.

For me this sounds like it is something that has gone wrong in the production process, like there is some tension in the material.

Damn it... I´ll be trying it out in the pool then, so I can check the perfomance of it.
What I really don´t understand is why they dont check the product before shipping it.
making this purchase a headache...

till this day got no reply on the email i send them... ill probable send another mail again just to be sure they get the message.

anyway, thank you SubSub for your time.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT