• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

is there any spearo's on the isle of wight

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

BenFord

Jun 11, 2007
hi,
i was just wondering if by any chance there maybe a few spearo's on the isle of wight who like to meet up and so on.......

thanks for looking ben,

HI Ben
Nick here, Bembridge, have been doing a bit in greece and am now on the verge of buying all the gear for here.
Where are you
Nick

hi guys,
im in shanklin, found to okay spots when the surfs not comming in, but im finding it harder to get about with a car and half a day off each week,
when this swell dies down a bit and the vis is good im going to have a look a bit deeper out in the bay
cheers,
ben

So wat about hurst casel and can you get near the needels without a boat.

Im shur we could find some cod somwere.

Or is it all quit alot of current?

hi jimmy,
im not sure what its like over that side of the island but i think it will be a tough swin round to the needles,
local fisher men here who go on there boats catch congers, bass skate plaice, cod, pout and pollack over there, there is a reck not to far off the needles and at low tide you can stand on it hull,
hope this helps ben

hi jimmy,
im not sure if its diveable as i haven't dived it,
but i took some pictures of the spots i dive, there all shore dives with a little swim to some spots but have a mix of sand and kelp bottoms and between 6- 25ft depth with vis around 6-12ft,
went for a dive today after this swell has just passed and the area around the cliff face was heavy with plancton and scholes of baby fish so if i had the time before the tidy got high and a spear for my spear gun i would have spent a few hours out there,
Enjoy the pic's the areas i dive are in red.:)
(all at low tide)

Attachments

• DSCN0459.JPG
    DSCN0459.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 316
  • DSCN0457.JPG
    DSCN0457.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:
Well they were on a boat.

But i think most of the dives wouls be deep.

Im shur i can remember somone saying on one of the fourums that the isle of wight is very good...even beter then portland...

the main advantage is two sides...sooo thers always somwere shelterd.

i heard the same thing too, just need to get a car again,
i've just placed a large order with dive conection to get all my equip,
ordered 75cm beuchat marlin, beuchat cammo wet suit, so im anxious to get a day off when it comes in stock to have a play,
Thinking of bonchurch area,

ive scouted all round he island using gogle maps,
give it a go not a bad tool,

Hi
Clinched the deal on my gun saturday(God bless E bay)
Got a mares cynrano 970, its a pneumatic.
Now looking for a suit, where did you get yours ben.
Re Places, bembridge is loaded, Lifeboat pier and slip, back of the fort, The run off the crab and lobster, whitecliff bay.
I know another spot at the back of the island that is loaded with large bass.
Putting my boat in at the end of the week and shall be going to explore
Nick

hi nick,
sounds like a nice gun mate,
i placed my order with dive conection in portsmouth,
The Dive Connection
Beuchat marlin 75cm speargun,
Beuchat marlin reel,
Beuchat shock asborber for spearguns,
Beuchat 1.7mm kevlar mono line,
Beuchat mundail dagger,
Beuchat mundail competition fins size 43-44
Beuchat harness 7kg,
Beuchat micro max mask,
Beuchat tublair activa snorkel,
Beuchat mundail brown camo wetsuit 5mm jacket and trousers
Beuchat elaskin 4mm gloves
Beuchat elaskin socks 4mm

this is my order, i was also told that most of this gear the bristish will be using as dive conection is there sponsor so it must be good,
when it all comes in stock in 2 weeks illed try and swing a day off and maybe hook up with you over in bembridge for a dive,
Good luck on the boat,
ben

Last edited:
Finaly got my spear delivered today for my sommap, and was diserpointed to find it had got snapped at the barb in the post, mind you i can't complain as it was sent free, but the weather was rubish this morning i didn't mind until 3'oclock when the rain stopped, the sun was out the sea was carm with some merkie patches where the bed had been pulled up due to the storms, would have been perfect for a dive as the fish would have been in close due to the free food kicked up,
so its another find day at home dreaming of what could have been a fun day!:vangry

Jesus - You are serious, thats alot of bass at £3 LB.
I am on the verge of ordering a suit and some new fins but Havnt done it yet.
Do you wear boots? and if so how do size your fins when ordering.
When you get your gear bell me and well go out in the boat 07855 374671
Nick

im only just getting in to this so what ive ordered is all (or at least hope as im now skint) i need for now,
on average i think at that price 3000 bass would just cover it, rofl
the omer milleniums seem to be a good priced fin, as in wet suit im not to sure,

see you soon dude,

Ye defantly give them a look.

Cant realy falt it.....he will anser any question or problem.

spearo uk are defantly good stuf.

i ve looked at at daves shop before was the first shop for spearo's i found but after searching around reading review's i wanted to use beuchat equip, and when i contacted beuchat they passed me on to dive conection,
dont get me wrong dave's stuff is good and has a few items on there i will buy when my bank acount is stocked again,

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT