Saturday, February 16, 2019
  • Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 40,000+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 496,000+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,300+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Is there anybody on this forum thats in the WI IL area that spearfishes?

StusG62

Jan 12, 2019
Elkhorn, WI
I have loads of experience from hunting all over the world. I read the regulations around here and its sad. However, I want to get wet. Who wants to go?

Mr. X

Forum Mentor
Staff member
Forum Mentor
Jul 14, 2005
Sunny Britain
There are several forum members in WI. Try browsing the Buddy/Regions of the forum under USA. Post a new thread there if you like.

It would also be worth searching the forum I tend to use Google, e.g. "DeeperBlue.com (Wisconsin,WI)".

I lived in north Illinois for several years and have happy memories of Wisconsin, which reminded me of my rural roots in England. My interests back then were rock climbing and triathlon rather than spearing tho'.

Mr. X

Forum Mentor
Staff member
Forum Mentor
Jul 14, 2005
Sunny Britain
:) Lovely area. I swam in Lake Geneva 4 or 5 times, in the triathlon. It started & finished at Fontana , if I recall correctly. One the most aggressive/ physical swims because of the weird course shape, people swam into and over each other much more than normal, which made it tiring. The run, up around the hill top observatory felt a lot harder than the flat Chicago triathlon too. A good race to finish the season tho.

I don't the visibility being good but perhaps that's because of all the people splashing around.

I recall a discussion some years ago about spearing at Devil's Lake. A bit further to travel?

OP
OP
S

StusG62

Jan 12, 2019
Elkhorn, WI
:) Lovely area. I swam in Lake Geneva 4 or 5 times, in the triathlon. It started & finished at Fontana , if I recall correctly. One the most aggressive/ physical swims because of the weird course shape, people swam into and over each other much more than normal, which made it tiring. The run, up around the hill top observatory felt a lot harder than the flat Chicago triathlon too. A good race to finish the season tho.

I don't the visibility being good but perhaps that's because of all the people splashing around.

I recall a discussion some years ago about spearing at Devil's Lake. A bit further to travel?
I’d be down for that