• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Is this even possible?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

keyratfelix

Aug 24, 2008
I was bored out of my mind the other night so I was searching the diffrent pro divers out there. I went into Pipins (pipinproductions.com). As I read an article about him training for his WRecord attempt and spearfishing in the bahamas. He wrote in the article that they would dive to 100-150 meters all day long!!! Now, im not big on the meters and stuff so I converted it to feet 100 meters is 328 feet!!!
There is something obviously wack about this.
Any thoughts?:friday

100-150 meters is a once-a-day sled dive lasting for 2 minutes.

Pipin would spearfish in the 30-40m range.

Eric, first off thank you for your response to my question. When I read what pipin wrote on the site I thought the same thing, I thought he prob made a mistake and meant to say he was practicing on the sled, but Here is the link to what I read. Look under August 24, 2004: here Pipin Productions
Thanks again!!
:friday

This was probably meant to read feet instead of metres. It is a mistake for sure.
In his book "The Dive" he writes that he often speared fish at depths of around 40-50 metres for a living while still living in Cuba.

This was probably meant to read feet instead of metres. It is a mistake for sure.
I do not think he would bother diving with a sled to 100-150 feet. That's a depth for sled beginners, not for ambitious champions as he was. It was certainly no mistake, and Pipin was crazy enough to dive "all day long" (well several times in a day) to 100-150 meters, ignoring the dangers of DCS.

I do not think he would bother diving with a sled to 100-150 feet. That's a depth for sled beginners, not for ambitious champions as he was. It was certainly no mistake, and Pipin was crazy enough to dive "all day long" (well several times in a day) to 100-150 meters, ignoring the dangers of DCS.
Yes Trux, but he says he was spearfishing at 100 - 150 mtr, not on a sled. Also on the 18th, he says 40 dives to 100 - 150 mtr average 2:15 in time. Most likely a mistake.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT