• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Is this even possible?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

keyratfelix

Aug 24, 2008
I was bored out of my mind the other night so I was searching the diffrent pro divers out there. I went into Pipins (pipinproductions.com). As I read an article about him training for his WRecord attempt and spearfishing in the bahamas. He wrote in the article that they would dive to 100-150 meters all day long!!! Now, im not big on the meters and stuff so I converted it to feet 100 meters is 328 feet!!!
There is something obviously wack about this.
Any thoughts?:friday

100-150 meters is a once-a-day sled dive lasting for 2 minutes.

Pipin would spearfish in the 30-40m range.

Eric, first off thank you for your response to my question. When I read what pipin wrote on the site I thought the same thing, I thought he prob made a mistake and meant to say he was practicing on the sled, but Here is the link to what I read. Look under August 24, 2004: here Pipin Productions
Thanks again!!
:friday

This was probably meant to read feet instead of metres. It is a mistake for sure.
In his book "The Dive" he writes that he often speared fish at depths of around 40-50 metres for a living while still living in Cuba.

This was probably meant to read feet instead of metres. It is a mistake for sure.
I do not think he would bother diving with a sled to 100-150 feet. That's a depth for sled beginners, not for ambitious champions as he was. It was certainly no mistake, and Pipin was crazy enough to dive "all day long" (well several times in a day) to 100-150 meters, ignoring the dangers of DCS.

Yes Trux, but he says he was spearfishing at 100 - 150 mtr, not on a sled. Also on the 18th, he says 40 dives to 100 - 150 mtr average 2:15 in time. Most likely a mistake.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…