• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Is UK 2005 season over?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Jez

Jun 16, 2005
Just back from a trip to France, no diving sadly, and am keen to get wet again in the south-west.

Is there anywhere around the south coast/south-west peninsular that retains usable visibility during or shortly after a storm? I checked out my local spot in Torquay yesterday, the water was nice and flat, being in a sheltered bay and all, but didn't even bother getting in when I saw the colour of the water.

Local fishing reports tell of larger pollack and more flatties being caught recently so I'm just hoping the winds hold for a bit to let the water clear.

Is anyone getting any dive time or fish at the moment?

Hope not !!! But the wind and swell are not helping matters here in Dorset.Everytime i think about going the wind picks up and the vis goes with it :waterwork The water is still warm and i have fond memories of spearing in november during my youth.

I've shot bass in december, but it all depends on getting some calm weather to let the viz clear a bit. Some years my last dive ends up being in september!
cheers
dave
www.spearo.co.uk

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…