• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Istria - Premantura/Kamenjak

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

limpsi-boy

Jan 13, 2010
hello spearos,

this is my first post in this forum area because i started spearfishing last summer.

i'm going to premantura this year and saw that there is a national park.

but i found no real information english or german if there is spearfishing allowed or not and where does the restricted area starts/ends.

by the way:
does someone of you have a good list of minimum sizes in crotia?

best regards,

markus

Hi Marcus, yes, new members are not given the ability to edit. You can thank spammers for that.

I've moved your thread to the Buddies - Europe area of the forum, to help find the right audience but I left a link in the original location, spearfishing beginners. ;)

Reactions: limpsi-boy
You will need a spearfishing license (sport):

You should find minimal sizes in Latin and Croatian language here:

You can spearish near Kamenjak. The following parks are forbidden: Brijoni, Kornati, Krka and Mljet. It's forbidden to fish near swimming beaches (you will see a safety net).

Don't leave anything of value in the car, because it is a known car theft spot. Beware of strong currents in the sea! You will hunt for gilt-head bream, mullet and possibly dentex, amberjack if you're lucky.

You will need a spearfishing license (sport):

You should find minimal sizes in Latin and Croatian language here:

You can spearish near Kamenjak. The following parks are forbidden: Brijoni, Kornati, Krka and Mljet. It's forbidden to fish near swimming beaches (you will see a safety net).

Don't leave anything of value in the car, because it is a known car theft spot. Beware of strong currents in the sea! You will hunt for gilt-head bream, mullet and possibly dentex, amberjack if you're lucky.

hey zan!

thank you very much!

i already have an annual license
thank you very much!

so that means that it's allowed to go spearfishing in kemanjak?(with the distance regulations to the beaches for sure)

thanks for the tipp with the car and the current also!!!

i'll be there from next week. somebody interested to buddy up?

mr. x!
thank you

Reactions: Mr. X
hello to everybody!

i was there now 2 times! was nice but really tough location if you want to be legal. at kamenjak there is a circle between 150 and 200 meter around the peninsula where spearfishing is forbidden. so you have to go far out to some small islands or deep(starting around 25m)

but there so many crazy people with boats and jetskis there, so watch out!!

i took mostly the deep style. i catched 3 wrasse in deep areas and had 1 dentex on the spear (which could go away....because i only hit it at the corner of the body, seems that it will survive...)

in the south there is a very strong current sometimes! maybe up to 0.8m/ec...

Best to avoid boats and jetskis. I hope you use a visible float with a blue and white alpha dive flag, so boats can see you. Big, inexpensive, orange, inflatable, torpedo shaped floats work very well. You can get them on eBay. Beuchat, Omer, etc. or unbranded equivalents. Add lead ballast to keep the flat upright.

A bright coloured tape (e.g. orange) on the tip of your snorkel will also make you much easier to see but it doesn't replace a float/buoy.

Reactions: limpsi-boy
thanks, thats an advice everybody should read!

i used my standart round buoy with a red/white flag, but a lot of people don't get it what this means or give a sh... about that. (jetskis are sometimes racing only 30m/100ft away from shore)
when i went deeper i added my freediving buoy to rest easier and saver.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT