• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Italian National Championships - spring edition

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

sgnips

Apnea Academy Instructor
Aug 6, 2008
Hi all,
last saturday and sunday we took part to the National Championships in Turin, Italy
nice meeting, nice people and new italian national recods broken, too!!!

i've been there with my buddies and friends Gaspare Battaglia and Ilaria Bonin

i personally only had the chance to pass in the "Elite" category and did it with a smoth 100 meters DNF and a 125 DYN (both limited distances)

Gaspare did an easy 109 DNF and 150 DYN

but the great show came from Ilaria Bonin who set two new national records
first came the DNF record with 119 meters (50m long-pool record: she previously set two records in 25m pools: 125m and 141m) and such an easy dive you could tell she just did one pool lenght
the fact is, no othe girl in Italy might dare challenging Ilaria: she actually rules in DNF

second comp, second record, this time DYN: Ilaria swam a soft and relaxed, non-packing dive with her monofin coming out after 186.75 meters

i can really tell she could reach the wall if she would, but she's so modest she stopped 13 meters before it and came out smiling soooo wide!!!!!

the fact is, we now have a huge level mermaid in Italy coming out, chasing the guys' performances

she's great, you'll hear from her for sure soon

waiting for the video to be uploaded on youtube, here is a photo of us after the comp
from left to right: Ilaria, Gaspare and me

cheers everyone

5544604494_697834ae89_z.jpg

Reactions: kelp princess
Nice! - I'm longing for the video!

Cool to hear about this new mermaid, maybe the new challenger to Natalia?

Nice! - I'm longing for the video!
Cool to hear about this new mermaid, maybe the new challenger to Natalia?

let's hope so
she sure can do more than this

here are the two videos:

DNF
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37pPFRenVBk]YouTube - 00014.MTS[/ame]

DYN
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZTtOM8mH7s]YouTube - 00029.MTS[/ame]

There is someone who knows how to swim... a sure talent in combination with a will to perfect. She Is Very promising. A lovely sight to witness, she turned her dynamic into a ballet.

Gracie, :inlove

Kars

*I dare to bet she will break Natalia's dyn-dnf WR records this or next year.

There is someone who knows how to swim... a sure talent in combination with a will to perfect. She Is Very promising. A lovely sight to witness, she turned her dynamic into a ballet.
how true are your words, Kars, though you've only seen her few times on video
i swear you're damn right!!

hey man, it's too easy to bet on that!!! :):):)

hey man, it's too easy to bet on that!!! :):):)

I need to work hard, but I have energy and will for do this!

Reactions: Kars
Iaia, I beg you keep the approach you have shown in your dive, the ballet dance.
I think it's key to success to ascend above the will power approach. I know thinking and concentration consume so much O2, so letting yourself go on 'autopilot' is also the most rational approach. Since I would like to understand and get better in going, slipping into this flow state of mind I would love to hear how you manage, despite the pressures and temptations.

Love, Courage and Water,

Kars

My personal congratulations to Iaia and Sgnips!

Iaia is amazing, but I am sure Sgnips is working hard now he reached the Elite level (Italian CMAS higher level: no more distance limit).

Should we keep an eye on you Sgnips? ;)

Hi Trux,
there are some wrong results:

DYN - female: Alessia Zecchini did 162 -10m penalty = 152 (second place)
same thing for Monica Chiabrando

DYN - male: Michele Tomasi had a 10m penalty too resulting in a second place, same thing for the others receiving penalties while Homar Leuci gave us great samba lessons resulting in a DQ, he also lost his neckweight @150m:
Homar Leuci loses his neckweight (FB link)

Here is a nice uw photo of Ilaria (FB link)

You can not only add the photos and videos, but you can also edit any errors you see alone (click the Editor icon in the right-most column). I am already swamped with searching and importing new results, and with diverse requests for changes, so such corrections from users would help greatly.

Thanks

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT