• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

IWC World Static Apnea Contest, Monaco 21-23.07

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Ummm, he is blowing out bubbles for more than 30 secs and then stands up without any fatigue or 'real' recovery breathing. Strike anybody else as odd?

tylerz said:
Ummm, he is blowing out bubbles for more than 30 secs and then stands up without any fatigue or 'real' recovery breathing. Strike anybody else as odd?
Well, we could say the same thing about Tom Sietas.

Mifsud said that if he had had to do more to win the competition, he could have push till 9' (probably without clapping his hands)....

tylerz said:
Yep, the whole thing looked odd to me. I'm not at all suggesting cheating was involved, but I just don't understand how a static can be done like that and with such little recovery. Then again, there's a hell of a lot I don't understand about the human body...

What was even stranger is that the day before he couldn't manage more than 7'15" with almost a samba (54% SaO2 on oximeter).

His personal best going into the competition was the very old 8'24" he did during an AIDA record attempt a long time ago (without clapping)....

So he makes 7'15" with a hard recovery the day before (no clapping), and then the day of the competition he improves by 1'20", and breaks his pb by clapping his hands for over a minute....

In his most recent competition he did 213m in dynamic, and something like 6'30" in static (no clapping).

Hi, I remember a trailer for the competition on the competition website..I seem to have lost it, does anyone have it? think it was called clipweb or something, and its partly about a divewatch and freediving:)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT