• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

jaguar piccolo technisub speargun

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

trenttimmons1

Jul 31, 2008
I recently acquired a mint condition Jaguar Piccolo Technisub speargun from my grandpa. This thing is in mint condition. However, I cannot seem to get it working. Does this thing take Co2? If it does, how do I load it into the gun? Is there a cartridge that is supposed to come with it or can it take the ones that can be discarded after each use? Please help.

It is a pneumatic. The gun was originally sold by US Divers, a Jacques Cousteau Co. After that it was Technisub. Find a pump with the same threads.

What would this pump be? or what do they look like? I am some what of a beginner with these pneumatic guns. please elaborate if possible.

The pump looks like a bicycle pump it is used to pressurise the guns storage cylinder to about 20 atm. The spear is used to further compress the stored air by pushing it down the barrel, the spear pushes against a piston which locks in place. When you pull the trigger the piston is released & pushes the spear out at high speed. No air is released so the spear only needs to be re loaded again to fire the gun.
You need to pressurise the gun first hence the need of a pump. However there might be seals & O rings that need replacing your gun is an old model, you dont want to over pump the gun either! Perhaps you should sell the gun to an enthusiast & buy a modern one?

I have great memories of a Jauguar technisub, love the gun, balance and power. Anyone know where I can still find the vintage technisub gun?

The "Jaguar" is best kept as a display item, you will not find a part for it anywhere. Very unique piston seals and a spear tail retainer that operates a ball to hang onto the shaft tail. If that goes then the gun is out of action and they were not designed to last forever. My "Jaguar" has those piston problems, so it is just a wall ornament these days. They can get very scruffy looking as the white part on the centre handle discolours with too much sunlight and the plastic degrades, so best to find something else as a "user" gun.

Hi all,
I've acquired a speargun Technisub Jaguar from La Spirotechnique (the long model)... My dad gave it to me. I've 2 questions about this product and hope that someone will be able to help me... :)

1- Is there anything to do in order to find the o-ring for this product (joint) ? I mean the piston one.

2- Do you have any idea of the selling price for this product ? Mine is averagely used but working perfectly, with arrow and pump...

Thank for your help.
Regards.

The Jaguar speargun dates from the mid-sixties, so selling price then does not mean much today due to currency inflation over that period. The guns sell on eBay at times, so that will give you an indication, but depends on the gun's condition. I have seen a good one sell for US$200 plus, that includes hand pump and spear.

Sounds like Gizzo has some spare parts, maybe you should ask him. The Jaguar guns have been out of production for decades, so spares are going to be rare.

Thanks a lot for your answer....
Gizzo, I'll send you picture of the parts I need.
Popgun Pete, thanks for the price information... It's difficult to find a correct price for this speargun on Internet...
Thanks again.

Dear Ulysse, that rubber parts, as long as I know, do not exist as spare. I am afraid you must change the whole piston. It is possible I have one, but I need some time to open the boxes in the garage. If you want I'll look for you.

Hi Ulysse, here are the pictures of the original piston. Let me know if you want it.

Attachments

• STA_4446.jpg
    STA_4446.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 269
  • STA_4448.jpg
    STA_4448.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 352
yes, I want it...
Tell me how you want to proceed for payment... I'll give you my address in reply...
Thanks again dear Gizzo for all informations you gave me in private and your quick answers...
Regards

Dear Ulysse, I told you the price and I must check only for the shipping expences. It seems that with the ordinary mail it is not so expensive, while with the international quick package, it is much more expensive. I will tell you the details for shipping and payment, but please send me your private e-mail, because my browser blocked for a full day the access to deeperbluforum because of malware in the site. My e-mail is giulio.izzo@enea.it.
Ciao,

Gizzo

Gizzo

I'm a new member; joined DeeperBlue in search of parts for Technisub Jaguar part. I have two guns (one blue barrel, one silver barrel) that I have owned since the Sixties, but not used since the early Eighties. Both need piston assemblies, as shown in your post to Ulysse61 in 2010. If you still have such parts, can we discuss terms?

I recently acquired a Technisub Jaguar Piccolo that came complete with loader, pump and user guide (with exploded view and parts list).

The gun itself has cracked through the lower housing where the trigger rod seal fits so is unusable but it was interesting to pull it down from a design point of view.

The spear retention system is intricate and delicate, using twin spring loaded balls... as is the slender diameter spear retaining pawl... what could possibly go wrong! But they do use a stainless steel spring as a spear travel damper vs the usual rubber bush... probably more effective albeit noisy.

The original paper user guide was in very poor condition, held together with bits of tape and some sections of text missing completely.
Luckily it was printed in three languages so I was able to use the French or Italian text to translate the missing English parts and re-author the whole guide.

Anyway hope other Deeper Blue Forum members may find the attached files useful!

Attachments

• Technisub Jaguar Exploded View A3.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 338
  • Technisub Jaguar Exploded View Parts List User Guide A4.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 339
Reactions: Wishbone
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT