• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Jan 6th Meet and Christmas Dinner

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

samdive

Mermaid, Musician and Marketer
Nov 12, 2002
Our next meet will be on the afternoon of January 6th - meet at 1pm, followed by dinner at The Boat (thanks to Liv for sorting that out!). Christmas Gifts a la secret Santa will of course be given as is traditional.....

Please post here if you want to come and add any significant others who are coming along - I know we did this before but the thread has disappeared some how

Sam

The List
Sam and Dave

Found the old list - so far we have

Sam and Mr Crocs
Liv
Lammy and Mrs Lammy
Hardest Dave
Mandy and Rich
Benny B and Groupies (how many?)
Simon the Angel

oh yeah, but who's gonna sing Jingle Bells????

ok i have food orders from:
Sam
Dave Crocs
Liv
Steve
Lammy
Beth

but no one else...

Tim, Ben, Ben's Groupies, Hardest Dave, Mandy and Rich and anyone else - please let me know what you want to eat from the menu below!

Starters
Roast Parsnip and Butternut Soup with crusty bread(and no I don't know what a butternut is)
Brussels Pate with plum and brandy compote
Trio of crispy coated Camembert, Goats Cheese and Brie with redcurrant an orange jelly (for all of us on the CH diet!)
Smoked Haddock and Spring Onion Risotto with chive beurre blanc

Mains
Traditional Local Turkey with bacon wrapped chipolata and sage and onion stuffing
Roast Sirloin of Beef with Yorkshire pudding
Roasted Breast of Goose with quince and citrus jelly
Fillet of Poached Salmon with lime, coriander and coconut sauce
Garlic Mushrooms, Stilton and Walnuts in creamy sauce with a shortcrust lid

Puds
order on the night - but its christmas pud, hot or cold other desserts or ice cream

Thanks

Sam

Last edited:
If Mr Padowan will not be there, it will mean two things. Firstly no Christmas tunes underwater which may or may not be a bad thing.
Secondly, and definately a good thing, is that there will be enough chocolates left on the plate for anybody who gets there. More to the point - enough for me.......!

Yep will be there. butternuts, and the beef with yorkshire puds, ta

crocs said:
If Mr Padowan will not be there, it will mean two things. Firstly no Christmas tunes underwater which may or may not be a bad thing.
Secondly, and definately a good thing, is that there will be enough chocolates left on the plate for anybody who gets there. More to the point - enough for me.......!
You cheeky so and so! I stand by my original statement, that I only took ONE chocolate from the plate last year.

The MP3 player's not coming to Egypt with me, so it's available of anyone wants to borrow it - on the proviso that you will be listening to the tunes I choose!! rofl

#In the Jungle, the mighty jungle....#

Don't forget secret santa!!bring a gift anyone in the posse might enjoy -£10 max value - and you'll get something equally wonderful back.

Today is the last day to buy it as gifts YOU receive for Christmas from your great auntie and don't really want are NOT acceptable!!! : )

Happy Christmas to you and yours

S
xx
ps - down in cornwall, the river looked quite tempting this morning... off to look at the sea now

hi there,

Happy Christmas everyone....

Sorry for the late post... hope it's not to late to come along !!

Food will be the veggi stuff for me.... Camembert starter and the mushroom & stilton for mains...

Rich isn't going to make it, he's racing the same weekend.. Doh !!

I will get him to come down and do some rope pulling at some point next year though!!

Don't know how succesful I'll be in the water though... feels like AGES since I've done any diving, and now I'm all full of Christmas pudding !!

See you guys there.
Mandy
x

New Years Depth Wish - only 25m (bunged up ears and nose all chrissy)

Just how cold is that lake now ?

Lammy

I was thinking something like that. Was going to do free immersion too, that way I can wear my booties :D

Am I right in assuming no scuba? Won't need any myself.

Cheerio,
Ben

Sparkles to you Greenies and Meanies, and a brave New one!
No Angels for a while, we're hibernating and keeping our tootsies warm. Maybe see you all for a cold one a little later.
Have fun always ..
x

Meet at 1pm - no scuba so 40m max as its damn cold.

I'm sick so probably won't get in - but I do have a new video camera to play with

See you there, dinner is ordered

S
x

What time is dinner? its just that there is a small matter of Liverpool beating Arsenal in the afternoon (5.15 kick off if anyone fancies watching it!!), so either result I will be downing the odd pint or two...........

Anyone figured out where to stay in crawling distance of the boat and surreouding area.

Did anyone book anything, or are you planning to turn up and find something?

Tim

Hey Timbo and fellow party goers,

I've just been doing some Chepstow town centre accomodation research (otherwise known as work avoidance tactics!)

These places are the following prices and none are further away than the castle:

The last Hurdle £60 inc brekie for twin/dble
Casle View £77. inc Brekie T/D
Beaufort Hotel £64. not inc Brekie (extra £3.95 cont, £5.95 full English)
Afon Gwn (near the castle-small place) £65. inc brekie
The George (on high St near the old arch) £49.95 inc brekie T/D - the winner at the moment tim
Old Course Hotel - £69. D/T, £59 Single not icluding Brekie. Also maybe a bit posh for us to all stager in drunk!

Wadaya reckon? The George?:mad:

George sounds great.

Can we just turn up or do we need to book.

Pen and I are staying at our usual B&B just out of town, it's about 30 p/p from memory incl full brekky. It's too far to walk but it's a fiver each way in a cab.

See you crazy fools tomorrow!!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT