• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

January and February Meets

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

samdive

Mermaid, Musician and Marketer
Nov 12, 2002
Please can you let me know as soon as possible if you would like to come to either of the meets below:

January 30th - one day only, meet at 9.30 at Chepstow, dive max 25m(no scubies)

lonely name on the list so far - Dave Morgan

February 12/13th - full on SaltFree Weekend with Scubies (if enough of you want to come) - please let me know names and depths as soon as you can. Max depth - just be sensible and realise it is going to be damn cold

Names on the list so far - no one yet

Please be aware that unless you actually tell me you want to come, I don't know and may cancel the meet! so all those people that moaned about cancelling the last one - please let me know this time!!

First ** Freediver course starts in the pool on 1st Feb to be finished in Open Water at the March Meet.

See you there

Sam

Can't make it on the 30th

But count me in for the 12th or 13th. I think one day will be enough as you get quite tired in those temps.
I would say 35m if there is scuba safety.

C U there

hahahaha

Loverly cold water, January 30th for sure...

Not sure on 12/13th Feb just yet.

lammy

just in case anyone is trying to reach me this weekend - I am away from tonight at the Dusseldorf Boat Show and won't be online.. so if its urgent call me

back on Monday

Sam

ok - for next Sunday - please can you confirm - I have franck, dave morgan and dave t on the list - any less and we can't do it as I can't dive (still ill and got to be at work at 2pm)

anyone else?

Sam

hey guy - any news on the 3 peaks 3 troughs challenge while we are on that kind of thing? I need a reason to go to the gym....

s

Sam, I think that one might have gone the same way as the Chepstow comp this year, and for similar reasons. A couple of seriously tedious things interfering at the moment. Maybe next year...

We could do the 3 peaks, but it might be good to try something different. There is some controversy over the 3 peaks at the moment due to the number of people doing it and the impact that has on the environment. Perhaps we could try an adventure race or something like that. If you go kayaking with me you're fairly guaranteed to go swimming/diving at some stage. :)

Guy

no worries - I will have a think - any good ideas anyone?

The 20 Pubs run?? Pint in each pub with 25 sit up and 25 pressups outside... Its an old booty thing

any more for this sunday? morning dip - 25m max, meet at NDC at 9.30 am - please let me know
thanks

Sam

"The 20 Pubs run?? Pint in each pub with 25 sit up and 25 pressups outside... Its an old booty thing"

Mate, I don't think I could fit that much liquid in... Could we replace the pints for tequila or something?

What...like no limits! We could have Beer ( constant weight ) and spirits ( no limits ) and mixers as a variable weight discipline...hmmm. Maybe we should do a dry run in London first!

guys, guys - serious athletes and all that!!

S

PS can deepest bear do it with pots of honey?

Yes, I think we're all aware of the bear's "mead" habit, and who the so-called "honey badger" really is...

February 12/13th is quite undersubscribed - so far

Sam
Theo
Dave M
Remi
Shaun

anyone else? we are getting the Angels in to cover down to 50m so it make it more worth their while if we had a few more people - party at my place on the Saturday night if that persuades you....

Sam

if you are already on the list you HAVE to come to the party!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT