• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Japanese Comp - Special Awards

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

samdive

Mermaid, Musician and Marketer
Nov 12, 2002
Have just read Junko's article on the Japanese Constant Weight competition and love the extra awards handed out to those other than the winners.

Next year's saltFree open will undoubtedly have a Best Rookie award and a Beautiful Fin Work award!

what a great idea!

Sam

Or watching some of the UK team train in Vancouver after an evening with the DB Crew...

"Most Hung Over Static"

How about the longest dive award?

I like to take my time down there :D

Carlos

anyone want to sponsor these awards!! could get expensive..

Sam

Hold your horses award,Calm down award ,Do not chew the snorkel award,No graby award...... Those crazy japanese. They may be on to something though! Sounds like their having fun. rofl rofl rofl

I can tell you that the Japanese are the most peculiar group of people I've ever encountered. They have a really different culture...they have a way about them that is quite funny to outsiders, but is very normal to them. They DO like to have fun though...even if that 'fun' is getting drunk, singing kareoke all night as if they were actually famous, and being very 'huggy.' Anyone ever see the movie "lost in translation"? Very accurate. By the way, those awards proposed are pretty good, especially fastest static. :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT